Movies that blow

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Matt, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Did you even watch 50 Cent's movie? It's so in vogue to rip on whatever he does. It's so hilarious how when he came out everyone was completely besotted with him, and now it's quite cool to deride everything he does based purely on his most popular singles. Get Rich or Die Tryin' showed a part of where he came from... He never intended on being a rapper like Eminem did, and I think it shows why 50 Cent talks about what he talks about. From a film point of view, 50 Cent's movie was a lot better. The casting was better, and so was the plot. 8 Mile was pretty terrible besides the battles and didn't show much character development. I liked the birth/death scene (on the 4th of July) when 50 was being taken to the hospital. He showed a great deal of vulnerability in this film and it definately wasn't this big stupid gangster film that most people make it out to be.
    yup sat through it. Sucked. Sorry. Dont care either way about 50 Cent. I think I have heard exactly one of his songs, thought it was boring, so cant really lump me in with the besotten ones, nor with those who bother to rip on him just because. I just watched it straight up as a movie. Thought it blew. FWIW I started to watch it with a friend of mine who actually does like 50 Cent (still) and he found it so grating that he switched it off and started watching a Discovery Channel documentary on the top 10 fighter planes of all time. I turned it back on and finished it cos I was bored out of my brain with nothing to do laying in bed after surgery at the time and had already finished all my other movies.

2. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Forrest Gump, videotaped in a theater and then shown on a tube television in a restaurant in Udaipur.

3. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Street Fighter. That's all I'll say.

A.

[​IMG]

"Game OVER!"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

koji

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Yeah, I wept for Raul Julia. Such a great actor demeaned to a Jean Claude Van Damme movie, and one of his worst movies at that!

Jon.

5. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Yeah, I wept for Raul Julia. Such a great actor demeaned to a Jean Claude Van Damme movie, and one of his worst movies at that!

Jon.

What a way to end your career, huh? sheesh.

koji

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

koji

Yeah I know. Presumed Innocent and Kiss of the Spider Woman are giants compared to SF.

Jon.

7. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

There was a shitty movie with Robert Redford and that rat pack bitch where she sold her body for a million.

8. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

There was a shitty movie with Robert Redford and that rat pack bitch where she sold her body for a million.

Oh crap. Now you made me think of Julia Roberts. For me she is at the same level as Tom "YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Cruise. By that I mean the thre Os: Overrated, Overpaid and Overdue for a lengthy stint in made for TV films.

9. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

Oh crap. Now you made me think of Julia Roberts. For me she is at the same level as Tom "YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Cruise. By that I mean the thre Os: Overrated, Overpaid and Overdue for a lengthy stint in made for TV films.

While not necessarily disagreeing with you about Julia Roberts, the movie johnapril referenced is Indecent Proposal, starring Robert Redford, Woody Harrelson, and brat packer Demi Moore. Never saw it, never want to.

And, since we're on to sequels, Caddyshack II was truly, truly terrible. So was Batman and Robin, for that matter.

10. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

While not necessarily disagreeing with you about Julia Roberts, the movie johnapril referenced is Indecent Proposal, starring Robert Redford, Woody Harrelson, and brat packer Demi Moore. Never saw it, never want to.

And, since we're on to sequels, Caddyshack II was truly, truly terrible. So was Batman and Robin, for that matter.

Yeah, while I remembered halfway through typing it that it was not JR I got so aggravated at the thought of Julia Roberts I had to put down that tirade! [​IMG]

11. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

koji

need we mention orson welles? the voice of Unicron in:

[​IMG]

12. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Hey, don't knock the Transformers movie. That was a cinematic masterpiece, reaching heights that Citizen Kane can dream about, but never reach.

Optimus Prime DIED, man. He DIED. That's fucking Shakespeare, right there. That's tragedy.

13. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Hey, don't knock the Transformers movie. That was a cinematic masterpiece, reaching heights that Citizen Kane can dream about, but never reach.

Optimus Prime DIED, man. He DIED. That's fucking Shakespeare, right there. That's tragedy.

No to mention, one of the chapters on the DVD is titled, "The Curse Word."

14. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

No to mention, one of the chapters on the DVD is titled, "The Curse Word."
    L. O. L.

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

What about Bela Lugosi's last ersatz role? Dying in the middle like that is throughly unprofessional.

[​IMG]