• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies that blow

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
Did you even watch 50 Cent's movie? It's so in vogue to rip on whatever he does. It's so hilarious how when he came out everyone was completely besotted with him, and now it's quite cool to deride everything he does based purely on his most popular singles. Get Rich or Die Tryin' showed a part of where he came from... He never intended on being a rapper like Eminem did, and I think it shows why 50 Cent talks about what he talks about. From a film point of view, 50 Cent's movie was a lot better. The casting was better, and so was the plot. 8 Mile was pretty terrible besides the battles and didn't show much character development. I liked the birth/death scene (on the 4th of July) when 50 was being taken to the hospital. He showed a great deal of vulnerability in this film and it definately wasn't this big stupid gangster film that most people make it out to be.
yup sat through it. Sucked. Sorry. Dont care either way about 50 Cent. I think I have heard exactly one of his songs, thought it was boring, so cant really lump me in with the besotten ones, nor with those who bother to rip on him just because. I just watched it straight up as a movie. Thought it blew. FWIW I started to watch it with a friend of mine who actually does like 50 Cent (still) and he found it so grating that he switched it off and started watching a Discovery Channel documentary on the top 10 fighter planes of all time. I turned it back on and finished it cos I was bored out of my brain with nothing to do laying in bed after surgery at the time and had already finished all my other movies.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forrest Gump, videotaped in a theater and then shown on a tube television in a restaurant in Udaipur.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron
Street Fighter. That's all I'll say.

A.

bison.jpg

"Game OVER!"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

koji

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Yeah, I wept for Raul Julia. Such a great actor demeaned to a Jean Claude Van Damme movie, and one of his worst movies at that!

Jon.

What a way to end your career, huh? sheesh.

koji

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a ****** movie with Robert Redford and that rat pack ***** where she sold her body for a million.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
There was a ****** movie with Robert Redford and that rat pack ***** where she sold her body for a million.

Oh crap. Now you made me think of Julia Roberts. For me she is at the same level as Tom "YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Cruise. By that I mean the thre Os: Overrated, Overpaid and Overdue for a lengthy stint in made for TV films.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Oh crap. Now you made me think of Julia Roberts. For me she is at the same level as Tom "YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Cruise. By that I mean the thre Os: Overrated, Overpaid and Overdue for a lengthy stint in made for TV films.

While not necessarily disagreeing with you about Julia Roberts, the movie johnapril referenced is Indecent Proposal, starring Robert Redford, Woody Harrelson, and brat packer Demi Moore. Never saw it, never want to.

And, since we're on to sequels, Caddyshack II was truly, truly terrible. So was Batman and Robin, for that matter.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
While not necessarily disagreeing with you about Julia Roberts, the movie johnapril referenced is Indecent Proposal, starring Robert Redford, Woody Harrelson, and brat packer Demi Moore. Never saw it, never want to.

And, since we're on to sequels, Caddyshack II was truly, truly terrible. So was Batman and Robin, for that matter.

Yeah, while I remembered halfway through typing it that it was not JR I got so aggravated at the thought of Julia Roberts I had to put down that tirade!
laugh.gif

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
What a way to end your career, huh? sheesh.

koji

need we mention orson welles? the voice of Unicron in:

B00004YA6T.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Hey, don't knock the Transformers movie. That was a cinematic masterpiece, reaching heights that Citizen Kane can dream about, but never reach.

Optimus Prime DIED, man. He DIED. That's ******* Shakespeare, right there. That's tragedy.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Hey, don't knock the Transformers movie. That was a cinematic masterpiece, reaching heights that Citizen Kane can dream about, but never reach.

Optimus Prime DIED, man. He DIED. That's ******* Shakespeare, right there. That's tragedy.

No to mention, one of the chapters on the DVD is titled, "The Curse Word."

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
No to mention, one of the chapters on the DVD is titled, "The Curse Word."
L. O. L.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads