1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Movies that blow

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Matt, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Hercules in New York gets my vote for worst movie of all time. This was Arnold Schwartznegger's first movie and his voice is dubbed, but the corniness of it only helps add humor to the juvenile dialogue. This one is so bad it's good, not to mention that it stars the Governor of California.

2. ATM

ATM Senior Member

Hercules in New York gets my vote for worst movie of all time. This was Arnold Schwartznegger's first movie and his voice is dubbed, but the corniness of it only helps add humor to the juvenile dialogue. This one is so bad it's good, not to mention that it stars the Governor of California.
    There is also an undubbed version.

3. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

Dave was a very bad movie, funny, albeit unintentionally.

4. Matt

Matt [email protected]

jarhead looked lovely, must have had a good dp, but it brought nothing new to the table, basically just an updated full metal jacket - what did you think?
    finally got around to watching it, yeah i thought it was ok. Certainly not outstanding, but definitely watchable. It did make me want to read the book. Not a movie, but over the past couple of weeks I worked my way through the box set of Undeclared. Very cool. Not quite up to the standard Apatow set with Freaks and Geeks, but still a lot better than a lot of shows that lasted a lot longer.

5. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

i finally remembered the name of this film.
    i was drunk and it was still bad...

Wendigo [​IMG]

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Ocean's 12 sucked/blew.

7. metaphysician

metaphysician Senior Member

Ocean's 12 sucked/blew.

I thought the whole Julia Roberts bit was amusing. I didn't think the first one was that great, either, so I was surprised when they made another. Soderbergh should go back to making quirky stuff like Schizopolis.

8. Rome

Rome Mr. Chocolates Godiva

I hate anything by Michael Bay and anything with Ben Affleck. When you put the two together its like cinematic alchemy... but in reverse. Also any of those chick flicks where Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Hugh Grant, Julia Roberts (and that stupid scream/yelp she does in everyone of her stupid movies), or Meg Ryan and her ass lips and some balding jackass all play these one dimensional- interchangeable- eating ice cream complaining to the fat funny friend about how they cant find true love characters. Romantic comedies have killed romance. Plus they're just a waste of good beer and that I just cant tolerate.

Recent movies that have sucked:
    Silent Hill
    She Hate Me
    Firewall

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I hate anything by Michael Bay and anything with Ben Affleck. When you put the two together its like cinematic alchemy... but in reverse. Also any of those chick flicks where Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Hugh Grant, Julia Roberts (and that stupid scream/yelp she does in everyone of her stupid movies), or Meg Ryan and her ass lips and some balding jackass all play these one dimensional- interchangeable- eating ice cream complaining to the fat funny friend about how they cant find true love characters. Romantic comedies have killed romance. Plus they're just a waste of good beer and that I just cant tolerate.

Recent movies that have sucked:
    Silent Hill
    She Hate Me
    Firewall

She Hate Me sucked? I was looking forward to that one.

10. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Soderbergh should go back to making quirky stuff like Schizopolis.

Generic greeting! Statement of affirmation and good will. Reference to shared cinematic experience. Witty quip!

11. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Generic greeting! Statement of affirmation and good will. Reference to shared cinematic experience. Witty quip!

Statement of affirmation. Laughter caused by aforementioned post's wittyness [​IMG]

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Torque.

Laughable at best, cringe inducing lameness at the worst. The scenes twords the end when the motorcyclists are fighting each other while racing at 200 MPH down a crowded city street. And the two chicks fighting each other by acrobatically riding their street bikes was incredibly bad as well. Ice Cube was in it. Need I say more?

13. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

She Hate Me sucked? I was looking forward to that one.

i kinda liked it, there was lots of sex. and the final scene was a confirmation that yes, this film was made by a heterosexual male.

---

movie i just saw that i thought was a waste: Keeping up with the Steins. it was real Afternoon Special material. i mean, Jeremy Piven? Larry Miller? sounds like a winner, no? but then, continue on with the credits and you find both Garry Marshall and Scott 'nephew of' Marshall (as the director), not to mention Jami Gertz. Darryl Hannah was just a puzzling casting choice.

14. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

ok well having just wasted 2 hours of my life on Aeon Flux yesterday (oh Charlize why?), thought I would start a caution thread for SFers on movies we have wasted money on and would advise other members to steer well clear of.

Who else has seen something that sucked lately?

Watched Aeon Flux this weekend - actually thought it was quite good. Definitely a different vision of the future... not just another Bladerunner ripoff, but some truly interesting design elements.

Plus - you gotta love Charlize when she wakes up from sleeping and is just wearing that little strappy outfit.

15. Rome

Rome Mr. Chocolates Godiva

I don't know if this has already been covered but I would like to add Date Movie to the list.

She Hate Me was a big unnecessary mess, left me wondering what the point was. If anyone "got" this movie then please explain what I missed because I usually like Spike Lee movies.

Charlize aside any Peter Chung fan was let down by Aeon Flux. Maybe the Rugrats movie will be better.

I will say Grandma's Boy was a great comedy and worth watching.