• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies that blow

ATM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Hercules in New York gets my vote for worst movie of all time. This was Arnold Schwartznegger's first movie and his voice is dubbed, but the corniness of it only helps add humor to the juvenile dialogue. This one is so bad it's good, not to mention that it stars the Governor of California.
There is also an undubbed version.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dave was a very bad movie, funny, albeit unintentionally.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrysalid
jarhead looked lovely, must have had a good dp, but it brought nothing new to the table, basically just an updated full metal jacket - what did you think?
finally got around to watching it, yeah i thought it was ok. Certainly not outstanding, but definitely watchable. It did make me want to read the book. Not a movie, but over the past couple of weeks I worked my way through the box set of Undeclared. Very cool. Not quite up to the standard Apatow set with Freaks and Geeks, but still a lot better than a lot of shows that lasted a lot longer.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
i finally remembered the name of this film.
i was drunk and it was still bad...

Wendigo
crazy.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ocean's 12 sucked/blew.

metaphysician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Ocean's 12 sucked/blew.

I thought the whole Julia Roberts bit was amusing. I didn't think the first one was that great, either, so I was surprised when they made another. Soderbergh should go back to making quirky stuff like Schizopolis.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
I hate anything by Michael Bay and anything with Ben Affleck. When you put the two together its like cinematic alchemy... but in reverse. Also any of those chick flicks where Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Hugh Grant, Julia Roberts (and that stupid scream/yelp she does in everyone of her stupid movies), or Meg Ryan and her ass lips and some balding jackass all play these one dimensional- interchangeable- eating ice cream complaining to the fat funny friend about how they cant find true love characters. Romantic comedies have killed romance. Plus they're just a waste of good beer and that I just cant tolerate.

Recent movies that have sucked:
Silent Hill
She Hate Me
Firewall

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rome
I hate anything by Michael Bay and anything with Ben Affleck. When you put the two together its like cinematic alchemy... but in reverse. Also any of those chick flicks where Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Hugh Grant, Julia Roberts (and that stupid scream/yelp she does in everyone of her stupid movies), or Meg Ryan and her ass lips and some balding jackass all play these one dimensional- interchangeable- eating ice cream complaining to the fat funny friend about how they cant find true love characters. Romantic comedies have killed romance. Plus they're just a waste of good beer and that I just cant tolerate.

Recent movies that have sucked:
Silent Hill
She Hate Me
Firewall

She Hate Me sucked? I was looking forward to that one.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metaphysician
Soderbergh should go back to making quirky stuff like Schizopolis.

Generic greeting! Statement of affirmation and good will. Reference to shared cinematic experience. Witty quip!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Generic greeting! Statement of affirmation and good will. Reference to shared cinematic experience. Witty quip!

Statement of affirmation. Laughter caused by aforementioned post's wittyness
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Torque.

Laughable at best, cringe inducing lameness at the worst. The scenes twords the end when the motorcyclists are fighting each other while racing at 200 MPH down a crowded city street. And the two chicks fighting each other by acrobatically riding their street bikes was incredibly bad as well. Ice Cube was in it. Need I say more?

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
She Hate Me sucked? I was looking forward to that one.

i kinda liked it, there was lots of sex. and the final scene was a confirmation that yes, this film was made by a heterosexual male.

---

movie i just saw that i thought was a waste: Keeping up with the Steins. it was real Afternoon Special material. i mean, Jeremy Piven? Larry Miller? sounds like a winner, no? but then, continue on with the credits and you find both Garry Marshall and Scott 'nephew of' Marshall (as the director), not to mention Jami Gertz. Darryl Hannah was just a puzzling casting choice.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
ok well having just wasted 2 hours of my life on Aeon Flux yesterday (oh Charlize why?), thought I would start a caution thread for SFers on movies we have wasted money on and would advise other members to steer well clear of.

Who else has seen something that sucked lately?

Watched Aeon Flux this weekend - actually thought it was quite good. Definitely a different vision of the future... not just another Bladerunner ripoff, but some truly interesting design elements.

Plus - you gotta love Charlize when she wakes up from sleeping and is just wearing that little strappy outfit.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been covered but I would like to add Date Movie to the list.

She Hate Me was a big unnecessary mess, left me wondering what the point was. If anyone "got" this movie then please explain what I missed because I usually like Spike Lee movies.

Charlize aside any Peter Chung fan was let down by Aeon Flux. Maybe the Rugrats movie will be better.

I will say Grandma's Boy was a great comedy and worth watching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads