• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's a sweet smoker. I have an XT500, and have to think your bike is much lighter. Dual sports are severely underrated.

Couldn't agree more. Now if the goddamned cold weather would vacate the great state of Tennessee, I might actually get to ride it..

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to my phone it is 32 degrees outside (but it feels about 20 degrees) and there are patches of ice everywhere yet I was just passed by a dude on a Striple. Bravo my good man, bravo!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

So telling the fiancee that I popped a wheelie the other day would be a tactical error, yes?

Depends. Was it clutch or throttle?

So apparently that HD 107 is being well received.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Depends. Was it clutch or throttle?

So apparently that HD 107 is being well received.

Accelerating through intersection, accidentally kicked it into neutral, then without thinking muscle memory took over and dropped it into first without letting off the throttle.
Not exactly Evel Knievel.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Accidental wheelies are heart stopping at the time and hilarious later.

I was blipping the throttle at a red light one day when the light turned green and suddenly my fingers slipped off the clutch. Instant 10:00 wheelie (note: I get nervous at the thought of the front wheel wheel than a couple of inches off of the ground). An unknown survival instinct took over and I stood up and rode that wheelie like a champ for close to a block whilst simultaneously avoiding any and all potholes. I even brought it down softly, something that jamming on the back brake would not have accomplished. Oh and I didn't pee my pants. Win win

It took me nearly 2 years to tell her about that one. lol

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A buddy and I are about to give a 2000 Triumph Daytona 955i the ole streetfighter chop, just not make it look like a 1st gen Speed Triple clone. Wish us luck

triumph-daytona-955i-2001-9.jpg

Last edited:

pfurey

Reaction score
I sold my STR last year to help buy furniture for our new house, but ****, I've got the itch again and am looking to pick something up soon. I miss riding too much to stay away.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this?

0.jpg

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was looking for Daytona parts, saw these LED headlights and thought about @TRINI
 his Striple.  @pfurey
 and BostonHedonist might want to take a gander as well.  

006-triumph_round_headlight_conversion-600x600.jpg
008-triumph_round_headlight_conversion-600x600-m_m_y-Triumph-Street-Triple-R-2014.jpg

007-triumph_round_headlight_conversion-600x600-m_m_y-Triumph-Street-Triple-R-2014.jpg

010-triumph_round_headlight_conversion-600x600-m_m_y-Triumph-Street-Triple-R-2014.jpg

I said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing wrong with the slanty headlights. These are pretty cool though.

But why my handle crossed out? =\

Now wifey and I are into our third year in England. I finally got my license here. So I'm bike shopping again! (With my poor, neglected STR still in my brother's garage in New Hampshire).

In the lead are the sensible Tracer 900 and Versys 1000. Being married, I now must consider things like pillion comfort. If it were the states,I'd be looking at a Multistrada. But they won't insure me on that here. No UK riding history. So procedural, these Brits.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing wrong with the slanty headlights. These are pretty cool though.

I still haven't gotten used to the slanteyes...#NoRacism

But why my handle crossed out? =\

laugh2-smiley.gif

Now wifey and I are into our third year in England. I finally got my license here. So I'm bike shopping again! (With my poor, neglected STR still in my brother's garage in New Hampshire).

In the lead are the sensible Tracer 900 and Versys 1000. Being married, I now must consider things like pillion comfort. If it were the states,I'd be looking at a Multistrada. But they won't insure me on that here. No UK riding history. So procedural, these Brits.

Even as a foreigner you are still subject to British licensing rules? Ugh

(With my poor, neglected STR still in my brother's garage in New Hampshire).

If I had left a bike in my brother's garage he would have regularly "exercised" it.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Even as a foreigner you are still subject to British licensing rules? Ugh

If I had left a bike in my brother's garage he would have regularly "exercised" it.

Yeah you can ride for up to a year on an American License. But they basically think we get a license by answering 10 questions and paying a fee, so there isn't reciprocity. They're also the most technically proficient riders I've seen anywhere in the world.

My brother doesn't ride =\

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads