• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the by, I'm usually not into novelty socks but those are perfect, here.

Thank you.

My friend has a similar pair, but with larger skulls and no cross bones.

We are standing on a giant Nestle Crunch bar that makes crunching noises when you stand on it. It's in Sweet (the world's second largest candy store) in the Hollywood-Highland Center (next to the Chinese Chinese theater and the place the Oscar broadcast comes from) on Hollywood Blvd.

530861_10151334531308396_1666090387_n 2.jpg

Since I'm posting pictures of our feet, here's our favorite picture of our feet.

P1050137 2.JPG

This is in a store on the corner of Melrose and Robertson. Don't remember the name of the store but they do have a guard at the door who only unlocks the door and lets you in if he likes the way you look. There are several other stores in the area (like the two Chris Lowbutton shoe stores) that do the same thing.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Does anyone in this thread own the O’Connells pork pie bucket hat? Was thinking about ordering one for an upcoming trip, and I seem to remember someone posting one here- just wanted to get opinions on fit/quality/etc

Maybe @Botolph can help you, as he recommended them on another thread...

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@orange fury and @Clouseau, I don’t have an O’Connell’s bucket hat, though I did recommend O’C’s as a source for them, as their quality is always top-notch, and they source their products from the best factories.
Maybe @Botolph can help you, as he recommended them on another thread...

Thanks guys, I ordered the tan one last week and should get it in Friday, I’ll update with thoughts when it comes in

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a purple tie? I could never figure out how to effectively wear that color. Looks nice here, though.

I too have struggled with how to wear this tie, due to its color. I end up only wearing it once or twice per season, when I think I come up with a good idea for pairing it. However, I also feel that it frequently falls short. I keep it on my rack though, as I I admit that I have a hard time turning loose of high quality vintage ties. This one is made in England, for an old classic menswear shop out of New Orleans.

The dark stripe is navy (I believe), though I have questioned whether it is such a deep purple that it is hardly distinguishable. Clearly the lighter stripe is a lighter purple. There is also a thin gray stripe between the two thicker stripes.

I think this has been my most successful combination with it so far.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s not a bad look. I think perhaps a navy blazer would have toned down the sharp contrast between the tie and the jacket here but it’s a matter of taste.

It would tone it down, but I don't think the current contrast is necessarily "loud" if that is the implication. At any rate, it looks very trad in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads