• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was looking for a brown sport coat. While searching for RTW one I saw amazing fabric for sale here on B&S. Took a risk and bought it. First MTM in a while and I thought exploring economical options was a good idea. Articles of Style is interesting but really just Southwick MTM. Not bad at all but half canvassed and less structured. KW is fully canvassed and highly regarded here on SF. Not too expensive and worth the risk. Could have gone through my tailor but would have been $$$. Sort of feeding the hobby.

Spent the day emailing them back and forth. Order test jacket, adjust fit, send jacket and my fabric back with alteration adjustments, get finished product.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20171008_082444.jpg

20171008_082506.jpg

Glad fall is here, even if it has been unseasonably warm. And no, the leaf was not staged. :inlove:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@MoneyWellSpent classic, soporific, and great.

@smittycl have you checked to see if Kent Wang will let you send them cloth? I know they can buy pretty much whatever cloth you want but I've never heard of someone sending them cloth to use.
If you look at the price options for suits “CMT” is the trade standard code for client supplied fabric. I also coordinated with Aaron just to be sure.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@MoneyWellSpent classic, soporific, and great.

@smittycl have you checked to see if Kent Wang will let you send them cloth? I know they can buy pretty much whatever cloth you want but I've never heard of someone sending them cloth to use.

KW does CMT. Prices are listed on the suit page of the site.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the lapels on that jacket. Do you mind sharing who made it?

Thanks. It's actually a vintage, union made in USA number, for Andhurst. I don't believe they are made anymore, as I only come across them in thrift stores from time to time. I was thrilled when I found this one a couple of years back, being the size I was looking for, but also because it seemed unworn.
I've seen blazers by the same maker in camel, Nantucket red, and Masters green as well, but never in my size.
I appreciate that it has all the classic blazer hallmarks, so it certainly won't ever be mistaken for an orphaned suit jacket.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you look at the price options for suits “CMT” is the trade standard code for client supplied fabric. I also coordinated with Aaron just to be sure.

KW does CMT. Prices are listed on the suit page of the site.

Nice. I was unaware of that. Now I'm considering something for myself...

@MoneyWellSpent I definitely would have guessed that jacket was vintage. You just don't find blazers styled like that in stores anymore.

colco

Reaction score
Thanks. It's actually a vintage, union made in USA number, for Andhurst. I don't believe they are made anymore, as I only come across them in thrift stores from time to time. I was thrilled when I found this one a couple of years back, being the size I was looking for, but also because it seemed unworn.
I've seen blazers by the same maker in camel, Nantucket red, and Masters green as well, but never in my size.
I appreciate that it has all the classic blazer hallmarks, so it certainly won't ever be mistaken for an orphaned suit jacket.

Thank you.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say you are incorrect - RJ is not a fashion brand. However, to the extent it is a Japaneses brand, some of the fits can look fashion-y on us corn-fed Americans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads