• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of retiring my 0701's for a while and start to work on the 0702's. Had them since they have been released but haven't worn them that much. They are lovely though and sure deserve a lot of wear/attention. And it is something else compared to "your everyday blue jeans".

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Momo 0701, owned since october 2011. Worn on and off for about 5 to 6 months total. Can't wear all day because of work. First soak. 2 days ago. Color is accuratein first three pics.

9gva4i.jpg

29au251.jpg

2lar6om.jpg

2h58h7d.jpg

2iup0nc.jpg

k2nv9v.jpg

3admp.jpg

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are gorgeous, Mistral. The depth of Momo denim continues to amaze me in evo pictures.

Had you bought a sanforized version though, to have avoided soaking it until now?

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I rocked them raw untill they had stretched enough to counter the shrinkage. Fit's like a glove.

I soaked them for about fifteen minutes in hottest tapwater with a little bit of detergent. Then I put them on while wet and took a shower to rinse them real well. After that I made sure the combs and whiskers were in place and hung them to dry outside.

Next morning they were clean, crisp and had shrunk a fair bit, but after a few hours of wear, returned to a wearable state. First off, I was a bit afraid of not fitting in to them (mind you, my waist is 29.5" and went with a tag 28 unsoaked). But they are fine now and ready for some more beating.

I bet they just will get better with time. Color at the moment is superb, compared to raw state.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
argentino,

do you always have excess fabric in the waist?

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

argentino,

I know this isn't directed at me. But what do you mean?

(I think I know where you are heading, given the fact thigh measurement is crucial on denim)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

argentino,

Nothing super substantial. I don't like my waistband pinned to my skin though.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
argentino,

I know this isn't directed at me. But what do you mean?

(I think I know where you are heading, given the fact thigh measurement is crucial on denim)

I have larger thighs, 12inches is about the smalles I can do. Because of this I can not buy denim that would fit me perfect in the wait, and I don't like le package being compressed.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
argentino,

Nothing super substantial. I don't like my waistband pinned to my skin though.

have you had a pair of denim altered? My jean are not falling off of my but but I do get a little diaper butt on a pair of NF I have.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

have you had a pair of denim altered? My jean are not falling off of my but but I do get a little diaper butt on a pair of NF I have.

At this point I have not - I don't really have access to tailors that I would trust with more than hem jobs. Still looking.

For reference, my largest waisted denim is probably still my Sulphur WGs - I'd say I have an inch - 1.25 of give. But provided they sit so low on my waist, it's not really an issue. I have larger hips and butt than the general public so I'll usually fill up the top block either way :embar:

My lowest thigh is 12.5ish

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Momotaro x Blue Owl: Introducing the Deep Indigo Skinny Striaght Model BOM003
bom00333.JPG

We are proud to introduce the third denim in the Momotaro x Blue Owl collaboration series. With our 3rd collaboration we wanted something that creates incredible high contrast fading and uses a super dark indigo, so we looked at the newly released Deep Indigo 0702 for a little inspiration. Our version is similar to the 0702 in that it uses the same super dark pure indigo on the warp yarns and the same sulpher dye on the weft yarns. The difference is our version is slightly heavier at 15.7oz, comes in the unsanforized state (shrink-to-ft), and made in the "Skinny Straight" fit which is slimmer than any of Momotaro's standard fits. Momotaro x Blue Owl "Deep Indigo" Skinny Straight 15.7oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM003 * The "skinny straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers from the thigh to the leg opening. * 15.7oz unsanforized raw selvedge * Expect the denim to shrink approximatley .5" in the waist and 1" in length during the first wash. * Super dark pure indigo warp, sulphur dyed weft * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * Cotton canvas pocket bags * Antique copper rivets, hidden back pocket rivets * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 29-34, 36 * Made in Japan * Limited to 40 pairs for the first production.
7913000.1b.JPG
7913000.4b.JPG

7913000.5b.JPG
7913000.3b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7913000 More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/07/momotaro-x-blue-owl-deep-indigo-skinny_25.html

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
awwwww freak, now I want a new pair of denim.

marg

Reaction score
torn between the 701 and 702.

for those that own the 702, what do you wear with it? also, does it shrink much after a soak like the 701 will?

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

torn between the 701 and 702.
for those that own the 702, what do you wear with it? also, does it shrink much after a soak like the 701 will?

I just wear basics with them. The jeans must speak for themselves in this case. It really stands out. But they go well with black, white, grey, blue. They won't shrinkas much as the 0701's, the 0702's are sanforized.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads