• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Broark

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Blue Owl x JB x Momotaro chinos with the Going to Battle stripes? Considering picking up a pair but not sure about the low rise.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any experience with the Blue Owl x JB x Momotaro chinos with the Going to Battle stripes? Considering picking up a pair but not sure about the low rise.

I got'em. Love them. But they are slim and tight! Not sure your measurements, but I went up a size. I wear a 32 in the 0705sp's and a 31 in the 3sizxteen SL-100's. I got a 33 in the chinos and they are pretty slim. Mind you they obviously don’t break or open up like denim. I did find that there was a little bit of stretch after 10+ wears. Rise is low but all in all real real nice slim chino.

Cool blue selvage line too.

Last edited:

Broark

Reaction score

I got'em. Love them. But they are slim and tight! Not sure your measurements, but I went up a size. I wear a 32 in the 0705sp's and a 31 in the 3sizxteen SL-100's. I got a 33 in the chinos and they are pretty slim. Mind you they obviously don’t break or open up like denim. I did find that there was a little bit of stretch after 10+ wears. Rise is low but all in all real real nice slim chino.

Cool blue selvage line too.

Got any fit pics? I don't own any other Momo's but I tried on some 701's recently and couldn't quite get the top button up on the 34s (I'm 6'3" 220). Not sure if the cut will be too slim or not.

Last edited:

JasperSims

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good pair of Momotaro's for someone who looks a somewhat loose fit that still fits the legs?
Thanks.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone suggest a good pair of Momotaro's for someone who looks a somewhat loose fit that still fits the legs?
Thanks.

The 700 cut is pretty good in that regard. Also, if you wait for Jay (Blue Owl) to release his 5th collaboration w/ Momotaro, it's going to be a tapered fit, so tighter down the calf and roomier up top.

I've also seen a 100sp on the B/S that looks like their original fit. Roomier up top, but still with a leg opening around 8.25.

Always the 200 too, sized down one. You've got a few options.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got any fit pics? I don't own any other Momo's but I tried on some 701's recently and couldn't quite get the top button up on the 34s (I'm 6'3" 220). Not sure if the cut will be too slim or not.

No fit pics, but I can take some.

Not sure how big your legs are, and of course there are larger sizes, but I can tell you that they are pretty darn slim. Have you tried any other slim chinos like 484's from Jcrew or Docker Alphas?

PhotonStrut

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was looking at the 400SP and 705SP and i realized that there is a huge difference (besides being a collab).
Does anyone who own both a pair of JBxMomo and regular Momo see a difference in the quality??
It seems like the collab doesnt use the Zimbabwe cotton, isnt ocean "one washed", and isnt dyed using natural "deep" dying processes.

If no one has both I would appreciate any option on each separately as they both look like amazing jeans!

Broark

Reaction score

No fit pics, but I can take some.

Not sure how big your legs are, and of course there are larger sizes, but I can tell you that they are pretty darn slim. Have you tried any other slim chinos like 484's from Jcrew or Docker Alphas?

Fit pics would be helpful I think. The problem I usually have is that I have really big legs. Don't have any other slim chinos either.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey everyone, I was looking at the 400SP and 705SP and i realized that there is a huge difference (besides being a collab).
Does anyone who own both a pair of JBxMomo and regular Momo see a difference in the quality??
It seems like the collab doesnt use the Zimbabwe cotton, isnt ocean "one washed", and isnt dyed using natural "deep" dying processes.

If no one has both I would appreciate any option on each separately as they both look like amazing jeans!

I would pick Momo over JB. Though the price on JB's is good given what you get for it.

PhotonStrut

Reaction score
I would pick Momo over JB. Though the price on JB's is good given what you get for it.
Yea I noticed there is a $95 difference, and while I know they're both great quality, I also know that when you're looking at quality theres no $95 "branding fee".
Thanks for you're input, I am planning on getting the Momos

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Momo's are not necessary better quality. Depends on what you search for in a pair of jeans. Reason Momo's are more expensive is in the details. Handsewn vs. "mass production", better fabric and dye. Other hardware and detailing like raised beltloops and pocket edges, hidden rivets. Not forgetting the pink selvage listing and inseam.

Well worth the extra 95 bucks, if you ask me.

willrh1

Reaction score
Momo's are not necessary better quality. Depends on what you search for in a pair of jeans. Reason Momo's are more expensive is in the details. Handsewn vs. "mass production", better fabric and dye. Other hardware and detailing like raised beltloops and pocket edges, hidden rivets. Not forgetting the pink selvage listing and inseam.

If what you listed doesn't equate to better quality, what does?

PhotonStrut

Reaction score

thats what i noticed. The selvedge on the JPxMomo is red. Im definintely getting the Momo's. At first I was like oh its $95 cheaper! then i looked at the details, and i thought....oh thats why its cheaper haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads