• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If what you listed doesn't equate to better quality, what does?

More work and details, as is the use of higher grade materials, is reflected in the pricetag. Does it make it better than a pair of JB's? What does quality mean in regard to both? Not that Momo's are a better jean, just that they are more premium compared to JB.

PhotonStrut

Reaction score
Edit: Here we go

Momotaro is made from long staple Zim cotton and is made by hand entirely. Weaving the fabric on shuttle looms, sewing the jeans by artisan methods. Dyed with indigo, featuring Momotaro exclusive details being the pink selvage outseam, pink inseam stiching, Momotaro/peaches brandsed hardware.

Japan Blue X Momo, lends some of the "popularity" achieved by Momotaro, but destiquinses itself by, for instance other production environment (more industrial techniques versus the artisan hand crafts on the Momo's). Different dying mehtod. JBx Momo are sulphur dyed instead of using solely indigo. Other things that set JB apart from Momo is the use of different hardware and the lack of some details. Namely different hide on the patches, the lack of hidden rivets on the backpocket, no pink selvage outseam and "lower" quality cotton.

These partical details are the reason why JB is a lot cheaper than Momotaro, but then again JB is focussed on another market than the denimheads, namely the more gernreal buyer. JB is a brand estasblished to provide quality denim for a reasonable price, with the main goal to compete with other mid rier denim brands. It's a way for Japan Blue Group to get a greater share on te denim market.

So in short: Momotaro is a triple A brand, regarding quality, construction and a great focus on traditional methods an details regarding jeans production. Japan Blue is a brand more for the general jeans buyer/lover. Whilst still exeptional quality for the money, in an other legaue than Momotaro, but then again aimed at a totally different market.

Hopes this helps a bit...

[By the way, for those wondering why I dont post that often anymore. I think the new SF is ****, in terms of usabililty. Site is slow a hell and I don't find it easy to navigate. While that is just my personal opinion, I liked the old SF better]

Last edited:

Broark

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the collab Going To Battle chino cut is similar to the Rogue Territory RK-ISC? Really want to grab a pair of em for summer but I'm not sure about the low rise.

PhotonStrut

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the collab Going To Battle chino cut is similar to the Rogue Territory RK-ISC? Really want to grab a pair of em for summer but I'm not sure about the low rise.
Try and find the measurements for the Rogues and compare them to the measurements on BlueOwl. If anything also feel free to contact Jay, his customer service is incredible

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the chinos and they are great, can't compare to the Rogues but I can tell you they are very slim and have a low rise. I had to size up 1 for them to fit me well, yet still slim.

maltess

Reaction score
Hi guys, I wan to get MOMO 0701, I see slightly different size measurements and shrinking proportions, in BIG and blue owl, who is more accurate?
how much are these jeans actually going to shrink and stretch back? i heard they are hard to strectch, is this true?

ErikW

Reaction score
Hi guys, I wan to get MOMO 0701, I see slightly different size measurements and shrinking proportions, in BIG and blue owl, who is more accurate?
how much are these jeans actually going to shrink and stretch back? i heard they are hard to strectch, is this true?
I found that BlueOwl's measurements are very accurate. Mine didn't shrink a ton. They are really, really hard to stretch. Just keep that in mind when you're trying to pick the right size. I would suggest going true-to-size.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would suggest TTS too. But the thigh area is the most important. Get it right or else you'll be sorry.

SFTl81

Reaction score
I have a pair of APC NS in size 26 and am looking for something a little bit more relaxed up top, but with some taper. Would the Japan Blue Tapered 0401 in size 28 be a good choice?
Thanks for the help.

maltess

Reaction score

I found that BlueOwl's measurements are very accurate. Mine didn't shrink a ton. They are really, really hard to stretch. Just keep that in mind when you're trying to pick the right size. I would suggest going true-to-size.

You mean hard, like you really have to push it otherwise it wont strecth, or like it takes more time to strecth than most brands

willrh1

Reaction score
Takes more time and has less stretching potential than most brands.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You mean hard, like you really have to push it otherwise it wont strecth, or like it takes more time to strecth than most brands

Momo's are what you call a tight weave. This makes them hard to stretch.

sillyboybmxer

Reaction score
Are my Japan Blue- momo colab going to be the same as any other Momo?? I want to get another pair of jeans and wondering how to size........Jay recommended size 30 in my current pair for me when my true waist is 33.............so tight still!

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are my Japan Blue- momo colab going to be the same as any other Momo?? I want to get another pair of jeans and wondering how to size........Jay recommended size 30 in my current pair for me when my true waist is 33.............so tight still!

No. JB is vanity sized. Measures two inches bigger than tag implies. Momo's run fairly true to tagged size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads