• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Melton Wool CPO Jacket by Epaulet

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

There's been a lot of interest in this item, so I wanted to announce it in its own thread. After a few months of development, we're thrilled to introduce our first in-house outerwear piece! Here's the details:

5256002414_0e52bb9a6f.jpg

Epaulet CPO Jacket Grey: $250

5255998974_7baa5471c2.jpg

Epaulet CPO Jacket Navy: $250

The "Chief Petty Officer's" shirt is a Navy-issued uniform piece that's typically made in a blend of recycled wool, nylon, and other materials. Using this traditional piece for inspiration, we tweaked the details to create the Epaulet CPO Shirt Jacket.

Let's start with the fabric. Our CPO Shirt Jacket is crafted in 21oz 100% Italian Melton Wool. This has a similar weight and heft to the wool found in most peacoats. It's thick, warm, insulating, wind-resistant, and very tough. It has a soft hand and a polished finish.

The body of the jacket is cut longer and squared off to end a few inches past your belt. We built in side slash hand pockets on the outside and two functional and generously sized pockets on the inside. The body is unlined, and our signature "cadet grey" merino wool fabric runs along the sleeve placket and interior lining to create a subtle tonal detail. Poured resin marbled buttons finishes it off. Like all Epaulet pieces, it has a sharp slim fit that runs consistent with our in-house shirt collection. Each one is handcrafted in New York City.

The end result is an extremely wearable and versatile version of the basic CPO. With its longer cut and pockets, it's a great Fall or early Spring outwear piece on its own. And a solid winter jacket for warmer areas. As the temps get really low, this is an excellent layering piece that can be worn in lieu of a sweater.

laughter95

Reaction score
if you wear xs epaulet shirts, would a small in this jacket fit me?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
grabbed small in grey ... awesome work bro

btw your last pic on the site for grey where the model opens the jacket up comes up as an error

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
if you wear xs epaulet shirts, would a small in this jacket fit me?

It would be a bit big, but should fit you well over a sweater. But for a fit like the one pictured on our guy, you'd need an XS. We'll definitely run that size off in the future. Typically, I'll just make new products in the central four sizes just to make sure that the patternwork and final product is on point. We extend it to XS and XXL for future runs.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
grabbed small in grey ... awesome work bro

btw your last pic on the site for grey where the model opens the jacket up comes up as an error

Thanks! And I'll check out that image. The grey is such a dope color with denim.

lpounds

Reaction score
Got the grey in medium so I can layer under a bulkier coat (it's -14 C in Toronto today!).

Looks awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads