• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mega-Shark vs Giant Octopus: Discuss.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK. That was awesome. But, this threak is useless without a poll.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love that movie.
smile.gif

I'm sure I can feed you at least a movie a year for the rest of your life for you to aquire teh riches and teh famez. But occasionally I'd like some kickbacks.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Just imdb'ed that. Whoa. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0304262/plotsummary

Have you seen Versus?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Versus? No.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Just imdb'ed that. Whoa. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0304262/plotsummary
Haven't seen it, but I've seen a lot of Miike's work and he's a nut. He's one of those guys that makes a random, incoherent movie and people don't get it (because it's incoherent) and so automatically say, "OMG WHAT A GENIUS!" I do, however, like watching his interviews, because he says things like, "Don't try to understand the movie. It really has no point. Just watch it like you watch tropical fish." American's tend to like his gross stuff (Audition, Ichi the Killer, etc.) and over-complicate it, but Japanese people generally find him... gross. I agree. The only movie I didn't mind was 46-oku nen no koi (46億年の恋), and that was just because it had Ando Masanobu and Matsuda Ryuhei and a super-**** subtext in it. I like me some Ando Masanobu.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Haven't seen it, but I've seen a lot of Miike's work and he's a nut.?He's one of those guys that makes a random, incoherent movie and people don't get it (because it's incoherent) and so automatically say, "OMG WHAT A GENIUS!" I do, however, like watching his interviews, because he says things like, "Don't try to understand the movie. It really has no point. Just watch it like you watch tropical fish."

American's tend to like his gross stuff (Audition, Ichi the Killer, etc.) and over-complicate it, but Japanese people generally find him... gross. I agree.

The only movie I didn't mind was 46-oku nen no koi (???????, and that was just because it had Ando Masanobu and Matsuda Ryuhei and a super-**** subtext in it. I like me some Ando Masanobu.

He's got some wierd/gross stuff for sure, but he also has a lot of stuff that isn't. The Great Yokai War, Bird People of China, and etc. I might be one of the few people who liked his adaptation of Salaryman Kintaro.
smile.gif

He is prolific. makes between 4-6 movies a year on average. And I wouldn't put him in the WTF category really. Not like Lynch, anyways.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh, and I strongly encourage everyone who hasn't seen Happiness to do so. It is brilliant.

clarity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

This deserves its own threak.

Personally, when a giant ass shark leaps 300 feet out of the water to attack an airplane, or a humongous octopus swats down jet fighters from the sky, as casually as if it were a gnat - I will be loving it. I will probably stop flying and move to Colorado or somewhere far away from the ocean, but I will be loving it.

LOL is this for real?

wow

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not only is it real, it comes out this weekend!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
OK. That was awesome. But, this threak is useless without a poll.

I deem it unneccesary, as the Octopus will obviously win.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I deem it unneccesary, as the Octopus will obviously win.

I hope there's a twist ending where the shark and octopus team up. The octopus can ride on top of the shark, using its huge tentacles to grab innocent people and throw them into the shark's gaping maw. Like an octopus cowboy with tentacle lassos.

Maybe the octopus can wear a hat.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The megalodon shark was 50 or 60 feet long, probably. The largest giant octopus on record weighed about 156 pounds. Assuming a megalodon survived, there would seem to be little doubt about the outcome!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads