MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Binker

Binker Senior member

Can't speak to the feel, but the fit looks absolutely spot on.

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

34-35" chest... 30R. My new phone has crappy camera. I suppose it is relatively tight but I'm pretty use to wearing tight jackets so it doesn't really bother me. I can fit a jcrew hooded fleece under it but the top button gets a bit hard to do.

you're kidding right? this is way too tight

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

it's tight in the body, the shoulders are too big, and the wide sleeves look off balance with the tight body.

i wish there were some peacoats with high armholes, slim sleeves, kinda like how rick makes his jackets. hoping toj will provide.

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I rarely post (let alone post photos of WAWT, etc.), but I didn't see any posts for Band of Outsiders coats in this thread. I picked this up not too long ago, and I was thinking of replacing the gold buttons with wood/horn buttons for an understated look. After wearing it for awhile, I think I'm going to stick with gold. Another neat detail: inside the coat, there's a tag stating that this was a union-made garment in NYC. Pretty cool if you ask me.
    [​IMG]

The Band of Outsiders shrunken/cropped looks kinda off when it comes to winter outerwear. I've tried on peacoats/duffel coats, and they were all short in some area. I think this would look better with an inch more of cuff. I do, however, think the gold buttons look pretty cool, if a bit flashy

5. spencers

spencers Senior member

Any way to track your Sterlingwear order or is it just a waiting game?

Call them for a tracking number.

6. thinksimple

thinksimple Senior member

The Band of Outsiders shrunken/cropped looks kinda off when it comes to winter outerwear. I've tried on peacoats/duffel coats, and they were all short in some area. I think this would look better with an inch more of cuff. I do, however, think the gold buttons look pretty cool, if a bit flashy

I agree--when I first got it, the shoulders were great, but from the cest down, it balooned out, so I had it taken in. The sleeves are a little short due to the style, but it's magnified by the fact that I just have long arms--it's always been an issue when buying a suit off B&S.

7. bb714

bb714 Well-Known Member

you're kidding right? this is way too tight

That's what I thought too.

8. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ +1, looks ridiculous. Some of you guys get way too carried away with the sizing down thing.

9. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Uniqlo is having one day sale tomorrow for 49.90 on peacoats.

10. torontolaker

torontolaker Senior member

looks good with the gold buttons

11. torontolaker

torontolaker Senior member

^ +1, looks ridiculous. Some of you guys get way too carried away with the sizing down thing.

i concur.

12. Bring The Noise

Bring The Noise Senior member

it's tight in the body, the shoulders are too big, and the wide sleeves look off balance with the tight body.

i wish there were some peacoats with high armholes, slim sleeves, kinda like how rick makes his jackets. hoping toj will provide.

rick actually made a peacoat, but the fit is pretty bad...too A shaped.
    [​IMG]

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

N. Hoolywood made a perfect slim fitting peacoat back in 2005, if anyone is so inclined to track one down. There's actually one for sale here in a fitted size M here for 53000 yen. All kinds of insane details like a funnel neck, double front pockets that button shut, nice viscose lining, and one of the coolest textured wools I've seen http://www.kind.co.jp/shibuya/newpage64.html Been wearing mine for three years now, love it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. SLeiber32

SLeiber32 Senior member

[​IMG]

Love this whole fit. However, I already have a Sterlingwear on it's way so guess I will have to settle for jacking the shoes and jeans [​IMG]

15. TrojanGarb

TrojanGarb Senior member

Any experience or thoughts on the Modern Amusement pea coat?

I tried it on and thought it fit really well, nice and slim. High armholes and slim arms as well. I liked the texture - the fabric felt really tight and smooth. They list it as 60% wool 40% viscose, I've never heard of this combo before. Good/Bad?

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...+Amusement&d=b