Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. ennui

ennui Senior member

I'm 5'5" and a 29" BOC blazer goes to right above where my butt meets my thighs (the "standard" measure of a proper blazer length, though I like my blazers shorter). What BOC-hem measurement for a pea coat would be recommended for someone with my measurements, to avoid the "got from dad" look? 30"? I would never wear a blazer underneath BTW, and I'm not into cropped peacoats that end at my waist.

2. SLeiber32

SLeiber32 Senior member

Any way to track your Sterlingwear order or is it just a waiting game?

3. bb714

bb714 Well-Known Member

What coat did you order?

4. SLeiber32

SLeiber32 Senior member

What coat did you order?

32R Black Authentic.

5. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

this sterlingwear downsizing must be the most ridiculous thing to those people ever...

"whats up with all these people ordering peacoats in womens and kids sizes????"

6. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

this sterlingwear downsizing must be the most ridiculous thing to those people ever...

"whats up with all these people ordering peacoats in womens and kids sizes????"

I actually went into a surplus store to try on some peacoats. It's run by an old guy with a straight to the point no shit John Wayne type demeanor. All they had was Avirex. Tried on some anyway. Was bulging in the waist so I inoffensively commented that I would have to have it taken in. I didn't even think he was listening. The guy nearly jumped on me: "What?!! What are you, some type of woman? You wanna look pretty and show your pretty hips? It's a military coat, pretty-boy." To which I jokingly replied: "Don't military guys have some of the most form-fitting uniforms?" He babbled something under his breath and snorted.

7. SLeiber32

SLeiber32 Senior member

I actually went into a surplus store to try on some peacoats. It's run by an old guy with a straight to the point no shit John Wayne type demeanor. All they had was Avirex. Tried on some anyway. Was bulging in the waist so I inoffensively commented that I would have to have it taken in. I didn't even think he was listening. The guy nearly jumped on me: "What?!! What are you, some type of woman? You wanna look pretty and show your pretty hips? It's a military coat, pretty-boy." To which I jokingly replied: "Don't military guys have some of the most form-fitting uniforms?" He babbled something under his breath and snorted.

Hahaha that's priceless. Avirex isn't even real military clothing though, is it? Isn't it just military inspired urbanwear pants too big, shirt to my knees crap?

8. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Hahaha that's priceless. Avirex isn't even real military clothing though, is it? Isn't it just military inspired urbanwear pants too big, shirt to my knees crap?

It may have been Alpha - one of those two. I think these peacoats are pre-Avirex selling out to Ecko (or whoever bought them).

9. JOoa0ky

JOoa0ky Member

I didn't get any notifications. It just showed up in a week.

10. Foxtrot56

Foxtrot56 Senior member

Eh what? Military uniforms are not at all form fitting. Maybe some of the dress uniforms are a bit but the day to day wear is baggy. So you can work in it without being restrained. Also attempting to talk style, fashion and tailoring with a grizzly man working at a surplus store was a horrible and risky idea.

11. bb714

bb714 Well-Known Member

32R Black Authentic.

You'll probably get it soon. They usually have those in stock.

12. basho

basho Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually seen/worn the Mil-Spec version? I'm curious how it feels in comparison to the standard. Heavier? Warmer? And does the color ever look navy?

13. thinksimple

thinksimple Senior member

I rarely post (let alone post photos of WAWT, etc.), but I didn't see any posts for Band of Outsiders coats in this thread. I picked this up not too long ago, and I was thinking of replacing the gold buttons with wood/horn buttons for an understated look. After wearing it for awhile, I think I'm going to stick with gold. Another neat detail: inside the coat, there's a tag stating that this was a union-made garment in NYC. Pretty cool if you ask me. [​IMG]

14. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

34-35" chest... 30R. My new phone has crappy camera. I suppose it is relatively tight but I'm pretty use to wearing tight jackets so it doesn't really bother me. I can fit a jcrew hooded fleece under it but the top button gets a bit hard to do.

Maybe it's just the photos but it looks like it's bunching up/forming ripples on the sides from being too tight. That's just how it looks to me, however, If your happy with how it looks/feels then enjoy it.

15. remn

remn Senior member

Sterlingwear Authentic 36R. The chest is just a little bit too tight; can't quite cross my arms when layered with a sweatshirt. Shame because the rest of it fits perfect. Putting up for sale in B/S unless someone can convince me to keep this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]