MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. seany

seany Senior member

Has anyone tried this with their peacoats, I tried taking pics of it to explain. I think it looks pretty cool. [​IMG] It makes the coat look slimmer while not buttoned up, and it can show off whatever you are wearing underneath the peacoat. It also makes the collar pop up to protect your neck in the winter. Never seen it done really.

2. amnesiac

amnesiac Senior member

Has anyone tried this with their peacoats, I tried taking pics of it to explain. I think it looks pretty cool.

[​IMG]

It makes the coat look slimmer while not buttoned up, and it can show off whatever you are wearing underneath the peacoat. It also makes the collar pop up to protect your neck in the winter.

Never seen it done really.

1. what would i show off? I want to keep warm
    2. it protects your neck but sacrifices the warmth of a double breasted coat armoring the front of your core and keeping you warm. also, my collar pops up just fine
    3. i just tried it and it was uneven and made it look like i was encasing my torso in female genitalia.
    [​IMG]

3. SLeiber32

SLeiber32 Senior member

Just got my 32R today. 34" true chest size and it fits pretty well. Little bit snugger than I would like with a thick hoodie underneath but don't really like the way a hoodie looks under the jacket anyway so it will be fine for sweaters and crew neck sweatshirts and everything. Will try to get some fit pics up later. Thanks for all the help everyone!

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Have people had some success with taking in a peacoat at the sides? I have a Schott that I purchased at a military warehouse type of store a few years ago, and have dropped a decent amount of weight since then, and it's a bit large on me and kind of awkward to move in since it's such a stiff wool.

Thanks.

5. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Just got my 32R today. 34" true chest size and it fits pretty well. Little bit snugger than I would like with a thick hoodie underneath but don't really like the way a hoodie looks under the jacket anyway so it will be fine for sweaters and crew neck sweatshirts and everything. Will try to get some fit pics up later. Thanks for all the help everyone!

How long did they take to ship? Thinking about ordering the same size. Thanks.

6. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Has anyone tried this with their peacoats, I tried taking pics of it to explain. I think it looks pretty cool.

[​IMG]

It makes the coat look slimmer while not buttoned up, and it can show off whatever you are wearing underneath the peacoat. It also makes the collar pop up to protect your neck in the winter.
    Never seen it done really.

Great, so even though you'll have icicles hanging from your nipples, you can find solace in the fact that your neck is warm and toasty.

Have people had some success with taking in a peacoat at the sides? I have a Schott that I purchased at a military warehouse type of store a few years ago, and have dropped a decent amount of weight since then, and it's a bit large on me and kind of awkward to move in since it's such a stiff wool.

Thanks.

Any reputable tailor can do it. No different than any other garment.

7. seany

seany Senior member

Great, so even though you'll have icicles hanging from your nipples, you can find solace in the fact that your neck is warm and toasty.

Any reputable tailor can do it. No different than any other garment.

I don't go out in a peacoat and t-shirt. 0_o

If you saw what I was wearing today in the WAYWT topic, you would see I was wearing a t-shirt, button up, and cardigan underneath my peacoat today. [​IMG]

Just saying, thought it was a unique idea.

8. wonderwall

wonderwall Well-Known Member

For those of you who are ordering 32R, what's your height/weight? Thanks in advance!

9. ADDIC

ADDIC Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Spiewak Got it for $53 on ebay. gotta wait for it to come though.

10. MrNick

MrNick Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

sleeves are too short

12. lcphotography

lcphotography New Member

Hey guys I am in the market for a peacoat and Im wondering where to start?!?
    I would love a double breasted grey or black peacoat but Im not sure where to start looking for one or for what size.
    I am 5'8 and I just measured my chest at around 38-39 in
    My waist is 28-29 and I sorta have long arms.
    What other things should I measure?
    I am looking for a fairly fitted look and I live in socal so it rarely dips below 50 degrees!
    Thanks!

13. shootspeed

shootspeed Senior member

Looks like I need help on picking a sterlingwear size as well.

I've browsed through this entire thread over and over and have come to the conclusion that I am either a 32S or 34S. I've read a lot of differing measurements for the same sizes and have seen a lot of fit pics.

Measurements: 35" chest, 120-125 lbs, 5'4.5", slim build

I fall inbetween XS and S basically. I'm mainly worried about the shoulders and pit to pit. Shoulders can fit 16.5-17" and pit to pit 18-19" for dress shirts, inbetween being perfect, if any of that helps.

I live in SoCal so I will not be layering a lot, but I would like to be able to fit a thin sweater in and also still have a fitted look without one.

14. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

So Cal? So you have peacoat weather today. I wore mine with a light blue heavy turtleneck sweater and "unwashed" blue jeans.

Still, the catwalk-military navy look reminds me of the Army jacket fad of the Vietnam War era, or of the Air Force fleece-lined bomber jackets. Those jackets were not really functional or versatile either. It's been done to death. So has tight clothes. Even skinny youth get sick of their skin being grated all the time. Overly heavy or restrictive clothes are worn for a season, then languish in the closet. It's just another clothing industry trick to sell more stuff.

15. SLeiber32

SLeiber32 Senior member

How long did they take to ship? Thinking about ordering the same size. Thanks.

Ordered it last Monday just before 5pm EST and it arrived at my house the following Monday morning. Nice quick shipping which came in real handy as it's already 25 degrees here in Pittsburgh.

EDIT: By the way, if you want to check to see what's in stock just call their number and ask to speak to Michelle. She will glady tell you what is ready to ship. However, she will probably try to tell you to order larger than we are telling you here. Listen to us.