• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leetpuma

Reaction score
Just a quick question:

Is the quality of the leather for Museuem Calf the same as that of other Linea Mastro leathers?

(Basically I want to know if the Museum calf is also high quality leather(better than classic line) or is it just nicely patina-ed classic line leather? -- by "quality" I mean leather strength.)

(I care more about leather strength than prettyness but I would like both :p )

Last edited:

Jokanevad

Reaction score

Park last means the new chisel last? Do you have a final photo to share?

Can anyone describe the Park last relative to Hiro/Olfe - wider toebox, more/less volume instep etc.?

I have no more information than you guys at the moment :/ my guess is that it's close to olfe and has a high instep (looking at pics way back in this thread). Might be inaccurate!

I think Pepe hinted that the new last would be available in a couple weeks, so we are waiting for that so people can choose thier prefered last.

Jokanevad

Reaction score

Put my vote in for a flat (non-braided) lace.

Lets wait for Pepes response and then decide for a final design where everyone votes in a PM! As I said, I think they all look good!
Although.... When international put up that Tod's pic I just might reconsider getting a completly diffrent kind of shoe... Haha

p.henrik

Reaction score
Got
P.henrik,

Originally it was dark brown calf lowers and dark brown pebble grain uppers. I did not get pricing for museum calf.

I have had several people express interest in suede uppers and pebble lowers so I will be asking about this once we reach enough interest.

I do not want suede, but if we can have the option some people would like it.

DL-

Got it. I have no issue with normal calf. Pebble and suede both seem like shaft material to me, but if both options are available, the better.

Reaction score
I asked this in another thread but figured I'd get a response here.

I bought some black calf shoes awhile back - have only worn them 5 times and they have a tear/split on the side/near the heel of the right shoe.

It's disappointing as I've walked under a mile in the shoes and very little of that would be outside and it was in dry conditions.

The scuff mark near the tear was brushed/polished off almost instantly.

I've emailed meermin and they've passed the photo on to someone in the production team. That's the only communication I've had with them in over a week.

Couple of questions:

- has anyone experienced the same with them or another manufacturer? what's the likely outcome?
- if they won't replace the shoes/give me some sort of refund or credit note then is the above easy to repair?

I've had cheaper shoes in the past that have never had that sort of damage. Not sure if it's just bad luck or a fault on the leather used on that shoe. The left shoe is still in fantastic condition, as you'd expect after 5 wears.

Thanks very much

Jokanevad

Reaction score
I asked this in another thread but figured I'd get a response here.
I bought some black calf shoes awhile back - have only worn them 5 times and they have a tear/split on the side/near the heel of the right shoe.
It's disappointing as I've walked under a mile in the shoes and very little of that would be outside and it was in dry conditions.
The scuff mark near the tear was brushed/polished off almost instantly.

I've emailed meermin and they've passed the photo on to someone in the production team. That's the only communication I've had with them in over a week.
Couple of questions:

- has anyone experienced the same with them or another manufacturer? what's the likely outcome?
- if they won't replace the shoes/give me some sort of refund or credit note then is the above easy to repair?
Hmm I see your frustration, always sucks to damage your own shoes... I´ve found similar scratches on my Carminas after hitting the dance floor after too many GTs... Which sucks of course, but It really was my fault.
In this case it seems like you must have hit something sharp on one of your strolls, which is unfortunate by all means. I mean if that scuff was there when you received them thats another thing, but seeing as you used them I don´t think there is much that can be done and that Meermin won't refund you.
Not too much to do, except as you've already done, polish them. Black calf is probably the best colour to scratch to be honest! If the tear is really big I´d just visit a cobbler and see what he can do.

Jokanevad

Reaction score
I just received my long awaited burgundy wingtips from the linea maestro today! I just thought I´d upload a (iPhone 5 quality...) picture of it! I think they are amazing! My first burgundy shoes :) Olfe is the bomb
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Enjoy

mattg1027

Reaction score
Nice! ^

Really like those MTO ideas too, especially the copper suede one, just not sure if my nicest shoe should be a copper suede :). Thinking my first Linea Maestro should be something like this one that was apparently organized on here long before I knew about this site or Meermin:

I MAY be able to justify that winter boot though... especially after suffering through this past winter in the northeast!

All Tatters

Reaction score
Question to all who have Hiro and Olfe in the same size: How do they compare in width in the toe box area? Is Olfe (slightly) more generous in this area?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'm sure this has been asked before, but is meermin still offering copper suede? Id be down for a GMTO loafer if it's still offered

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Augustus Haynes, you probably hit something sharp, or the inside of your other shoe, leather doesn't get cuts like that by itself....

Or it was there when you bought it, from the calf split from stretching, and you never noticed it until now.

What surprises me is how thin the edges look; there's almost no depth at all over what appears to be a plastic counter. The latter seems pretty common these days, but if the leather's as thin there as it looks it really must have come from the bottom of the heap. Or rather, the cow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads