• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

supremoak

Reaction score
I received the classic brown oxford I ordered in December today. I noticed on of the left shoe, there is a "air pocket" between the inside lining and the leather. The right shoe does not have this issue. Both shoe looks fine from the outside.

Is this a problem?

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seems like the welt finishing still has quality control problems with visible remains of plastic cover (or dust), and the lasting is not tight enough.  Still a great pair of shoes regardless!

Yes, I think you're right but they were overshadowed by the heel crack :)

Herr Brun

Reaction score
Finally (!) got my meermins today! They are so beautiful! Dark brown DM on the hiro and snuff suede chukkas on the rui, both classic line. Both in the same size. The DMs fit perfectly, the chukkas a bit roomy but not too much. Not sending them back, but might try extra insoles. Might try 10.5UK (these are 11UK) if I order a pair of those gorgeous LWBs.

Last edited:

smk

Reaction score
I'm in a search for a pair of double monks and the meermin db in hiro lasts interest me: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338
My pair of CJ hallams(348) fits me perfectly in US size 9E. Would I be correct in assuming a 8(UK) for these would fit me well?
Also, how would you say the quality for their classic line is compared to Allen edmonds? I'm also looking the AE neumoras as a choice, which one would you get?
Thanks.

smk

Reaction score

Finally (!) got my meermins today! They are so beautiful! Dark brown DM on the hiro and snuff suede chukkas on the rui, both classic line. Both in the same size. The DMs fit perfectly, the chukkas a bit roomy but not too much. Not sending them back, but might try extra insoles. Might try 10.5UK (these are 11UK) if I order a pair of those gorgeous LWBs.
The Dms look awesome. I'm looking at the same pair. How much did it turn out to be total? What was the process of ordering like and how long did it take? Thanks!

Herr Brun

Reaction score
I spent 355€ including shoe trees and shipping, excluded VAT. I'll probably have to pay Norwegian VAT as well, bringing the total up above 400€. Well worth it in my opinion.

The process took forever, I ordered at a real bad time, just a couple of weeks after they launched the web shop functionality, and just before christmas. They were out of stock. Took exactly two months between placing the order and getting the shoes at my door.

Ordering was really easy, though.

Herr Brun

Reaction score
The photo of them upside down will have to wait, but the darker photo is MUCH closer to the actual color. And even that one looks a bit on the light side. The color is quite dark.

The shape was not quite what I expected, they are a bit less round than I thought. They are sleeker before the toes start, and a bit wider in the toe box. If you understand what I mean.

Off My Rack

Reaction score
I'm in a search for a pair of double monks and the meermin db in hiro lasts interest me: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338
My pair of CJ hallams(348) fits me perfectly in US size 9E. Would I be correct in assuming a 8(UK) for these would fit me well?
Also, how would you say the quality for their classic line is compared to Allen edmonds? I'm also looking the AE neumoras as a choice, which one would you get?
Thanks.
Just based on the shape, stay away from the neumoras. They're horribly squared at the toe. The meermins have a much cleaner look IMO

Ankor

Reaction score
The photo of them upside down will have to wait, but the darker photo is MUCH closer to the actual color. And even that one looks a bit on the light side. The color is quite dark.

The shape was not quite what I expected, they are a bit less round than I thought. They are sleeker before the toes start, and a bit wider in the toe box. If you understand what I mean.

Thank you, but I definitely cannot realize what photo is darker, the first or the second?
smile.gif

To all
Is Meermin's suede on par with one that is used by Carmina or C&J?

Zarium

Reaction score
I'm confident I'm a D width (so UK E) and I have a pair of Adelaide oxfords on the New Rey. Jose sent me a UK 7 instead of the UK 6.5 wholecuts on the Ama that I ordered prior to that, and they fit quite well. Only thing is after a long day with plenty of walking, my smallest toe starts to hurt.

So I wouldn't say it's that bad, but it's not an ideal fit like what I can from Vass' U last.

Jim Profit

Reaction score
To you veterans on the forum. If I have 10F in the MH71 last from G&G, 10F in Edward Green 888 last and 10E in Crockett & Jones 335 last. Do you think the Olfe last will be to tight fitting and maby need some adjustment to the width if i make a MTO order?

I am bit worried because of the width, when i saw that Olfe last was only E in width. My feet are a little wider than normal, therefore I must have 10F in Edward Green and G&G. But both these companies are doing quite tight shoes. In C&J, I have​​10E and it fits well.

Is there anyone here who has 10F (UK) and ordered the Olfe last?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads