Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Jim Profit

Jim Profit Senior member

I answer my own question, just got an email by Pepe and it seems that you have to modify the Olfe last if you want it to fit a UK10F. And i dont want to go up a half size because the shoes will be too long, MTO is the way to go :slayer:

2. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

I dunno, if I was just modifying a standard RTW offering to fit, with the fairly high mto charge, I'd rather go for a C&J or similar.

3. Jim Profit

Jim Profit Senior member

I will make some other changes as well includigt a different pattern ( Brogue )

4. MCanavan6

MCanavan6 Well-Known Member

Has anyone picked up a belt from them lately? Curious as to the quality compared to the Classic Line. Also what was the final cost for those in the US?

5. christophermanns

christophermanns Member

Good afternoon gentlemen,

having followed this thread for several months while waiting for my first pair of Meermin MTOs, I thought I'd share the end result with you today. Having been a shoe buff for many years but concentrating mainly on the traditional English manufacturers, I recently glimpsed at other interesting sources and found Carmina, where I bought a beautiful pair of navy Cordovan wholecuts on the Rain last in their Madrid store last summer. Browsing the web for more information on the Albaladejo family, I learned about Meermin via this thread and ordered a "test pair" of linea classico brown single monks right away. Sufficiently pleased, I got into contact with Pepe soon afterwards and placed my MTO order in early August 2012. The first pair they made for me has been damaged in a very late stage of finishing, so they started from scratch again in November, and after a few e-mails, I was given a free matching belt and trees for compensation. I will spare you all other details, but let me give you my overall impression and opinion: The doubts and concerns about sometimes irregular reaction times, potential quality issues etc. mentioned here are indeed justified according to my limited experience, so to everyone out there unsure whether to pull the MTO trigger on Meermin for the first time or not, if you are expecting 100% professionality and/or quick delivery within the initially announced time frame e.g. because you need the shoes for your own wedding etc., do not do it. However, if you own enough shoes already and thus have some time to relax and wait, if you are looking for an experience of being valued as an individual customer by a small family-owned and run company and together with these incredibly sympathetic, knowledgeable, and helpful people want to create something really unique in design at a more-than-decent quality level and for an unbelievable price, then I would strongly recommend to go for it. As for myself, I am sure that these will not be the last pair of Meermin MTOs. I hope you like them as much as I do, looking forward to read your comments!

Kind regards from Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany
    Christopher

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Swede66

Swede66 Senior member

Look great!

7. Jim Profit

Jim Profit Senior member

Is it on the new rey or olfe?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013

8. Bmeliamb

Bmeliamb Well-Known Member

oh boy. I'm in trouble. Those are ridiculous.

9. christophermanns

christophermanns Member

10. minervau

minervau Senior member

Just wondering what do you guys plan to do when it comes time to re-sole your Meermin shoes (for those customers in the US in particular)? I have a few pairs and really like them a lot (Classico, not LM). I'm wondering when the time comes, do I sent them all the way back to Spain for the service? It strikes me that no cobblers in the US have Meermin's last shapes, so how could they re-sole the shoe? Apologies if this is a dumb question and any cobbler can do the job, I honestly don't know what is required to re-sole a shoe.

11. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

meh, i'm confident when the time comes, bnelson or equivalent will be able to resole. While the last will not be exact, they have a variety of lasts in the correct size that will mimic the shape of the shoe.

While they are all subtly different, a chisel toe from G&G, carmina, meermin, c&j, etc aren't all that different

12. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

YES!! My MTO is Olfe and those look awesome!! Makes the 4 month wait harder tho

13. Ankor

Ankor Well-Known Member

How does leather quality of Meermin compare with Carmina's leather?
    I found Carmina's double monks of my size that is slightly more expensive than Meermin's Classico, but I like Hiro last more than Carmina's Philadelphia so is the leather or manufacture quality really higher?

P. S.: Christopher, these shoes are really great, congratulations! Good taste. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013

14. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

Got an email from Sandro yesterday stating my shoes will be ready to ship in 10-15 days. Very exciting!