• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

griffon_id

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Thank you, count me in for a pair.

For what its worth I am putting together a MTO for the complete opposite piece of footwear. I am looking to have a shearling lined boot done on the Hiro last in a dark brown pebble grain and dark/med brown calf. Essentially a boot similar to the EG Galway with a Medway sole. I have prices from Pepe already and I would need quite a few people to make this happen.

I was going to wait until the summer to put this up on SF so we could time it with the winter. But given the 18+" of snow we will get today I was in the mood.
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

DL-

I will be interested in. Do you have a mock up for medway sole? Is it like the ridgeway sole?

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That boot sounds interesting. Keep me on your list - only check this thread rarely but may well bite.

The_International

Reaction score

Update on the semi-brogue GMTO:
It seems almost everyone who's interested in the order wants to go with copper suede, I've therefore asked Pepe if they can source that colour.
I've also asked if we can have the option of choosing between two lasts in the same order (much like the museum austerity GMTO). The lasts would be Olfe and the new Park last!
Still waiting for reply, just thought I'd let you guys know :D

Ps. In the same mail I asked if they could source olive suede for another MTO:

Would anyone be interested ;) I think this is the perfect summer shoe!
The image is of a Carmina string loafer on the uteam last in olive suede from Skoaktiebolaget website :)

@Jokanevad I would also be interested in this makeup. Please keep me in the loop! Olive suede sounds sweet! Are you thinking of a lace-tie like on the Carmina? That's personally what I would prefer.

Last edited:

Jokanevad

Reaction score

@Jokanevad I would also be interested in this makeup. Please keep me in the loop! Olive suede sounds sweet! Are you thinking of a lace-tie like on the Carmina? That's personally what I would prefer.

Yes, the style would be exacly like the picture :) I really like it aswell! :D

MarcusL

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to get the black shell cordovan in Hiro last, if i wear simpson 6.5UK from carmina, what size should i go for? is Hiro kinda narrow last ?

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be interested in. Do you have a mock up for medway sole? Is it like the ridgeway sole?

Griffon,

Exactly, it is very similar to the Ridgeway (see below). I find the traditional Dainite near deadly in snow. The Vibram is too chunky for the design of the boot, and the Commando leaves part of the leather sole exposed to the elements.

I am sure we can go with either sole as long as we stick with one. I will need 15 members to be on board to get this to run with this sole, but I am committed to it. I am just not a fan of the other options out there.

I plan to send it in July so that we have them delivered in September/October.

All those interested in details and pricing, please PM me and I will keep a list and provide updates. I am waiting on another question to be answered by Pepe, but I have the pricing and specs ready to roll.

DL-

griffon_id

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Griffon, Exactly, it is very similar to the Ridgeway (see below). I find the traditional Dainite near deadly in snow. The Vibram is too chunky for the design of the boot, and the Commando leaves part of the leather sole exposed to the elements. I am sure we can go with either sole as long as we stick with one. I will need 15 members to be on board to get this to run with this sole, but I am committed to it. I am just not a fan of the other options out there. I plan to send it in July so that we have them delivered in September/October. All those interested in details and pricing, please PM me and I will keep a list and provide updates. I am waiting on another question to be answered by Pepe, but I have the pricing and specs ready to roll. DL-
Sounds good for this coming Winter. Please count me in.

phphl

Reaction score
Update on the semi-brogue GMTO:
It seems almost everyone who's interested in the order wants to go with copper suede, I've therefore asked Pepe if they can source that colour.
I've also asked if we can have the option of choosing between two lasts in the same order (much like the museum austerity GMTO). The lasts would be Olfe and the new Park last!
Still waiting for reply, just thought I'd let you guys know
biggrin.gif

Ps. In the same mail I asked if they could source olive suede for another MTO:

Would anyone be interested
wink.gif
I think this is the perfect summer shoe!
The image is of a Carmina string loafer on the uteam last in olive suede from Skoaktiebolaget website
smile.gif
Jokanevad, I'm interested in the string loafer too! Please keep me posted
smile.gif

phphl

Reaction score
Thank you, count me in for a pair.

For what its worth I am putting together a MTO for the complete opposite piece of footwear. I am looking to have a shearling lined boot done on the Hiro last in a dark brown pebble grain and dark/med brown calf. Essentially a boot similar to the EG Galway with a Medway sole. I have prices from Pepe already and I would need quite a few people to make this happen.

I was going to wait until the summer to put this up on SF so we could time it with the winter. But given the 18+" of snow we will get today I was in the mood.
baldy[1].gif

DL-
Hi DL, your idea sounds great! Mind pm-ing me the details re price,etc?

Just to add two points: 1) Meermin's nantes grain calf seems nice (not sure if they're still offering it now). What do you guys think?

2) Are you requesting a Sky welt (or even norvegese if the price is not too hefty?) for maximum water/snow-resistence?

cheers
biggrin.gif

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi DL, your idea sounds great! Mind pm-ing me the details re price,etc?

Just to add two points: 1) Meermin's nantes grain calf seems nice (not sure if they're still offering it now). What do you guys think?

2) Are you requesting a Sky welt (or even norvegese if the price is not too hefty?) for maximum water/snow-resistence?

cheers
biggrin.gif
PM's sent, keep them coming for those interested. I think these will be a great winter boot!

Reaction score
@DavidLane : Please add me to your list. I have 3 pairs from Meermin so far (dark brown dbl monk, dark brown suede chukka, snuff suede boot) and all have impressed. A shearling lining sounds fantastic.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lesliemalton