• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO Museum is a long way off!

Hopefully I'll still have funds then. I have the Austerity MTO boots coming and about to order two pair of Vass shoes and maybe something else in between and I'll be all shoed out for the year.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MTO Museum is a long way off!

Hopefully I'll still have funds then. I have the Austerity MTO boots coming and about to order two pair of Vass shoes and maybe something else in between and I'll be all shoed out for the year.

Yeah yeah, no more shoes, blah blah blah! I'm going to the Ed Green factory shop next week, want anything? :D

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sorry to have to rain on you cheerful shoe parade. I have been looking for a stylish briefcase in good quality leather and I came across this from Meermin http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2852 which I find highly appealing. Does anyone have experience with Meermin bags and briefcases? If so, could you make a qualified comparison to any established brand within the leather goods market? I.e. Mulberry, The Bridge or something similar. Thanks.
Hmmmm, nickel plated hardware; nickel plated what? Brass? Mild steel?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some updates on the plum museum calf MTO. Below are the pictures of the samples shoes; I think I am changing my order to the single monk as to me personally they look fantastic on the Olfe last
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Delivery is expected in November (due to a delay in the leather) so hopefully everyone will get their shoes then. With regards to the hatchgrain MTO, the new last has been sent to a lasting factory for several sizes; bear in mind that the new last is similar to the Vass U-last so it will look super sleek.
smile.gif
Are they sourcing their museum calf from another tannery (presumably Haas or Zonta) now since Ilcea went bankrupt? Great to hear that the new last is similar to the U-last, really looking forward to see pics of it, and to have the hatch grain wholecuts going!

konda

Reaction score
Terror: How did you go about with making a custom lass with Pepe? Did you send him a sample or what? Also how much does he charge for a custom last?
Ozzy: I just told you that you will fall for monks at some point. And that point is now a helluva lot closer. Can't wait for you to succumb.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really do not like the aesthetic or igent-y-ness that comes with cap-toe dbl monks, but single monks with the strap that goes back like that look soooo goood.

Anyone have any interest in pony-hair?

My MTO's that had pony-hair got lost in transit, so I never received. The New Rey would not have fit me anyway. But, I'm still aching for a pony-hair shoe.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some updates on the plum museum calf MTO. Below are the pictures of the samples shoes; I think I am changing my order to the single monk as to me personally they look fantastic on the Olfe last
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Delivery is expected in November (due to a delay in the leather) so hopefully everyone will get their shoes then.

With regards to the hatchgrain MTO, the new last has been sent to a lasting factory for several sizes; bear in mind that the new last is similar to the Vass U-last so it will look super sleek.
smile.gif

Is it too late to jump on the bandwagon and order some?

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Terror: How did you go about with making a custom lass with Pepe? Did you send him a sample or what? Also how much does he charge for a custom last?
Ozzy: I just told you that you will fall for monks at some point. And that point is now a helluva lot closer. Can't wait for you to succumb.

Never gonna happen man, never!

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FWIW, and FTR if anyone is interested I was told by Meermin Olfe and Hiro last is TTS, or was told I can wear my normal size in both

Will be putting in an order for both my brown pairs soon once I figure if I should also order the matching tan belt

owenau1989

Reaction score

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Delivery is expected in November (due to a delay in the leather) so hopefully everyone will get their shoes then. With regards to the hatchgrain MTO, the new last has been sent to a lasting factory for several sizes; bear in mind that the new last is similar to the Vass U-last so it will look super sleek.
smile.gif
Thanks for your update terror! Can't wait to receive my single monk! But i have a concern regarding the position of the buckle, will that be too high which may scratch our foot when walking?

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your update terror! Can't wait to receive my single monk!

But i have a concern regarding the position of the buckle, will that be too high which may scratch our foot when walking?

Actually, the same thought crossed my mind when I saw it. But I looked back at the JL Vale and some similar G&G's and the buckles all seem to be placed similarly with the one in the picture. Regardless, I'll raise this issue with Pepe when I contact him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads