• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bikol

Reaction score
Glad people are becoming aware of their declining quality (both products and customer service). They used to be good, I own several pairs. Last two had to be returned, a very time consuming and expensive process. I’ve learned my lesson, staying away from them. Recommend you do the same.
Meermin is Spain’s Samuel Windsor.

KonstantinZV

Reaction score
Моя обувь Meermin отличного качества!
P1010917.JPG

P1010920.JPG

P1010925.JPG

P1010929.JPG

Meermin%201.png

Meermin%202.png

Meermin%203.png

Last edited:

KonstantinZV

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Bikol, post: 9587352, member: 149689"] Рад, что люди узнают об их снижающемся качестве (как продукции, так и обслуживания клиентов). Они были хорошими, у меня есть несколько пар. Последние два должны были быть возвращены, очень трудоемкий и дорогой процесс. Я усвоил урок, избегая их. Рекомендую вам сделать то же самое.
Меермин - испанский Сэмюэль Виндзор. [/ QUOTE]

Meermin 1.png

Meermin 2.png

P1010917.JPG

P1010920.JPG

P1010924.JPG

P1010929.JPG

ERok32

Reaction score
I have had good and bad experiences with Meermin and have since sold every pair of Meermin shoes I've owned.

I can comment on these issues, because I've actually dealt with them, owned multiple pairs, and can speak on what you should (and shouldn't) expect from Meermin.

As you can see from the pictures I posted, even handmade to order shoes at 4x the price can have minor issues including puckering.

Meermin probably makes the "cheapest" GYW shell shoes in the world. How do you do that? You cut corners where you can, meaning: fewer people on staff, fewer eyes on the product throughout manufacturing, less capital to correct mistakes, a business model that's mostly MTO (so you aren't keeping dead stock, etc.), outsourced production with less rigid QC, etc.

For those reasons, you cannot expect the customer service/servitude of a company like AE from a company like Meermin.

Edit: Knowing all the above, I still think Meermin is a good value at their price point. But I don't buy them anymore because my tastes have moved upstream where I'm willing to pay more to get the details finished to my satisfaction. With that said, even at the highest end, say Enzo, I've gotten pairs that go straight to the cobbler before I ever wear them due to issues, so it's not like spending more money guarantees anything either. At the end of the day, I've found it best to find a local guy who can correct issues and just working with CS to explain how much you paid to fix some issue and hope they give you credit or a small refund to cover it. Almost no manufacturer issues flat out refunds or exchanges, especially at the highest end where every pair is made to order.

This makes no sense whatsoever. A defective shoe is a defective shoe regardless of price point. Taking a new pair of shoes directly to the cobbler to fix defects is asinine IMO. Clearly you have a different perception or appreciation for money than me, because I find that completely unacceptable.

ERok32

Reaction score
This makes no sense whatsoever. A defective shoe is a defective shoe regardless of price point. Taking a new pair of shoes directly to the cobbler to fix defects is asinine IMO. Clearly you have a different perception or appreciation for money than me, because I find that completely unacceptable.

Edit: despite the above comment, I’m good with moving on from this matter for the time being if everyone else is.

Last edited:

Blastwice

Reaction score

When your MTO shoe comes with an error, it's simply impossible to return or exchange, because it would take another 6 months or more to remake (in talking about Enzo)-- so in that case, you must be an adult and solve the issue like an adult would: getting it fixed quickly by a local guy so you can wear your shoes.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(...)

If it might help you, I also had a pair of Barker Oarkney in 10.5UK G-wide, and they turned out to be quite wide and roomy in the toe box and also too long.

It's difficult to find information about the Barker Oarkney, would you suggest to downsize?

I have been looking for an "F" fitting as I have slim feet and a low instep, my normal size would be 6.5 but if they are long, maybe a 6 would be better, do you agree?

Lucky_Farmer

Reaction score
Anybody has any ideas when Meermin will restock again? I want to order a few pairs (including the soft calf loafer and the cognac chelsea) but they are allo out of stock.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Oh my, I was so fixed with that hole that I left the shoes and didn't inspect them further until now. It turns out the other shoe, the right one, has no stitches on the welt in the waist!

Very amusing but this doesn't make the situation any better...

EDIT: something I didn't mention: in the first pics you can see lots of shoes in the background. I was at my cobbler's showing him the hole. Of course he couldn't assure the shoes wouldn't let water in even after inspection. Meermin's CS apparently could by just looking at the pic... His answer was: "if this were a pair of crappy 60€ shoes I would tell you to live with it, but if you shell some money you would expect, at least, shoe integrity..."
Meermin replied again. They said after reviewing the pics they cannot consider the hole or the missing stitches a fault because "it won't affect the shoes' durability", so I shall just wear them and not be worried about them. Since they cannot consider them faulty, they won't accept a return.

Again no single apology, nothing, for a clear pair of seconds.

Well Meermin, that was a short acquaintance. Good riddance

starro

Reaction score
Meermin replied again. They said after reviewing the pics they cannot consider the hole or the missing stitches a fault because "it won't affect the shoes' durability", so I shall just wear them and not be worried about them. Since they cannot consider them faulty, they won't accept a return.

Now would be the time to open up a dispute with your bank. As to @Blastwice 's last comment: absolutely ridiculous. If the seller obviously messes up, of course the customer is entitled to his money back or maybe the replacement of a product without defects. (But I guess according to his paid-for worldview, the customer should just take it.)

EgoCamisas

Reaction score

I decided to wear the loafers. I noticed something:

So the shell there is cracked and split open. I mean, SERIOUSLY. Very easily 340€ down the drain.

Hopefully people open their eyes and stop buying this scam.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they unwearable?????

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads