• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Couldn't you simply have them re-pressed again, along the original crease lines?

Particularly if the new creases are recent and have only been pressed once, they should not be so noticeable once the trousers are re-pressed, shouldn't they?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The original crease was removed once and I just had them repressed on the new crease given what I was told.

What you're saying is ask that the original crease be pressed back despite what I was told? To be honest when the lady told me it made sense but I was tempted to just tell her go ahead anyways...but she said there may be double crease down the leg, which deterred me.

I might go back this week and ask them to just find the original crease and press along there. YOLO

emptym

Reaction score
What matters the most imo is if the crease falls down the center of your legs when you stand. If it does, I'd leave it as is.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What other makers have similar loafers like this pair of Tricker's? I can go a little sleeker but the overall shape looks good to me. I like the color too, something I currently do not have in my rotation. I want to think largely inspired by @mossrockss

Seems at home with tailored clothing and denim.

Other make I was considering was B&L but I think the higher heel on the Tricker's looks nicer.

Meermin also put out a similar pair that I liked but sold out very quick.

At one point Barbanera had something similar, still holding out a little that they remake it..

11353940ib_14_f.jpg

11441422130000SE-1_22.jpg

11441422130000SE-4_22.jpg

clothes-that-make-you-feel-at-home-L-zGvQmq.png

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are proper pant braces really starting at $140 and up? Drakes has some slimmer braces for $80 but I think the traditional width is best.

Any suggestions for reputable stores that provide some quality pant braces? Prefer a pair that is versatile and not loud, simple navy with brown accents or similar. Going to wear under knits :devil:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google Trafalgar and Thurston and you will find many.

+1. Most of the braces on the market under other brands are actually made by Trafalgar or Thurston, anyway.

I haven't bought directly from Thurston for a while, but they used to be really helpful and responsive to questions. I asked about whether they had brown leather ends (which are called "kips", by the way) for a particular pair of braces and I received a rapid response saying that if I mentioned brown kips when I ordered they'd make me a pair with brown kips for no extra charge.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are proper pant braces really starting at $140 and up? Drakes has some slimmer braces for $80 but I think the traditional width is best.

Any suggestions for reputable stores that provide some quality pant braces? Prefer a pair that is versatile and not loud, simple navy with brown accents or similar. Going to wear under knits :devil:

Going price for solid color trafalgar braces in adequate condition on eBay is around $25-30, fwiw.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ordered an olive pair from Thurston from eHaberdasher to try out. My only concern now is that I do wear higher rise pants so hopefully the length can be adjusted for best fit. If it works out I may try go for 1-2 more to round out, in a blue and brown.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You should have no problem adjusting the length.

If you are going to wear them under sweaters and never exposed, you only need one pair. But ymmv of course. Ironic for me to say as someone who has dozens of pairs. (I used to be a near daily wearer and hardly ever wore them covered.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads