• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh yea I wouldn't call it bespoke.

I guess pricing for you just won't work out, at just under $3k I can see it might just work

I think Paul Stuart's Custom Lab (also MtM made in China) starts from $1k and goes up to $2k for 2 piece
Prologue based of HK (also MtM made in China) starts from $1k?

so $1k premium for "style choice" sounds just about at the line

I guess it's not too much for some, but if I was wanting to part with that amount and couldn't go any higher to have custom-made, I'd probably go looking for vintage couture or something first.

Either way, they should do well with the great 70s revival. This pandemic is a hiccup, but afterwards I expect we'll still be seeing a lot of party clothes.

pickergc

Reaction score

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's where we all talk about how great things used to be "back in the day." :-D

Or, it's where:

old.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so in an effort to get this out of my mind, someone buy this?

couple things against it
1. it's 36R not 36S...
2. it's black..., but as the only black suit I will have, not really bother by that
3. this particular model has stupid slim leg, I think on top of my head for 36 jacket (so 30 pant) leg opening is like <7 inch, even with full let out it was still on the too slim side (my minimal is 7.5 in, and for suit I probably don't mind as wide as say 8.25in max)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so in an effort to get this out of my mind, someone buy this?

couple things against it
1. it's 36R not 36S...
2. it's black..., but as the only black suit I will have, not really bother by that
3. this particular model has stupid slim leg, I think on top of my head for 36 jacket (so 30 pant) leg opening is like <7 inch, even with full let out it was still on the too slim side (my minimal is 7.5 in, and for suit I probably don't mind as wide as say 8.25in max)
Looks really good although I'm not a one-button-peak-lapel fan. Had one from PS but rarely wore it. Is regular just too long?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Slightly too long, I have 2 jacket in that same pattern (it's their last Phineas Cole still made by Samuelsohn or at least my impression seems like the newer phineas cole are on different pattern and made in italy). I really like one button peak lapel though if I had my way I would do slanted pocket too (they could do that MTO)

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
More MtM options (Edward Sexton offshore program)
I have used Whitcomb and Shaftsbury for a few things. All the cutting (including initial fittings and subsequent modifications to the pattern) happened in London, and then the garment is essentially assembled in India. The cost for a 2 piece suit is around £2.5K, so essentially the same as the Sexton offering. But you are getting a full on 'Bespoke process' (choice of fabric, styles, multiple fittings if appropriate, any changes are taken care of, etc etc) at the same cost. I would only go down this new Sexton route if I was evangelical about his house style, which I am defiantly not.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huntsman has that option as well. All of the cutting and pattern drafting is done in NY or London but actual assembly is done in China. China assembled bespoke suit starts at $5000 while London assembled suit starts at $8000.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Slightly too long, I have 2 jacket in that same pattern (it's their last Phineas Cole still made by Samuelsohn or at least my impression seems like the newer phineas cole are on different pattern and made in italy). I really like one button peak lapel though if I had my way I would do slanted pocket too (they could do that MTO)

Oo. I see that they are not at the reasonable prices part of their sale. They have inauguration coats at great prices.

1611345587633.png

1611345664377.png

1611345718228.png

In all seriousness, though, they actually have some cool stuff (all the above stuff is cool too, just not very wearable). I think if PS marketed themselves a bit differently, they would be very popular on here.

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
Huntsman has that option as well. All of the cutting and pattern drafting is done in NY or London but actual assembly is done in China. China assembled bespoke suit starts at $5000 while London assembled suit starts at $8000.
Significantly more expensive though. W & S equates to $3420, whereas the Huntsman equivalent is $5K. It's not all about money, but let me assure you that the W & S garments I have had have been excellent in all respects. I am surprised that they don't get more love on this forum.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oo. I see that they are not at the reasonable prices part of their sale. They have inauguration coats at great prices.

View attachment 1540973
View attachment 1540974
View attachment 1540983
In all seriousness, though, they actually have some cool stuff (all the above stuff is cool too, just not very wearable). I think if PS marketed themselves a bit differently, they would be very popular on here.

I think the current PS is a bit too menswear (and like 5 years behind time kind feel to it). I like the 2008~2015? ish Phineas Cole the best, there are thing I would modify (like lowering the buttoning point) but I like the general pattern, boldness in color/pattern etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads