• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MC General Chat

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

florent

Reaction score
It's literally every shoe thread at this point (and half of CM now is basically just shoe threads). Jewel-toned shoes like emerald green tassel loafers, ruby red field boots, navy double monks, etc. Many made in strange and exotic leathers combined with suede panels. Oxfords are worn with jeans. Fiddleback waists are slapped on casual split-toe shoes. Just combos that don't make any sense in any kind of classic men's style language.
Here are the very last pictures (of shoes) for each "big" CM shoe thread in the 1st page right now

Edward Green

Boots boots boots

Zonkey Boots

Carmina

Vintage dress shoes

TLB Mallorca (maybe a bit loud but just posted as a swan neck illustration)

Enzo Bonafe (maybe a bit loud but the poster is just asking for a last reference)

Sons of Henrey

Allen Edmonds

Suede shoes

Allen Edmonds MTO

Church's

G&G

Vass

C&J

I'm under the impression you're slightly exaggerating.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here are the very last pictures (of shoes) for each "big" CM shoe thread in the 1st page right now

Edward Green

Boots boots boots

Zonkey Boots

Carmina

Vintage dress shoes

TLB Mallorca (maybe a bit loud but just posted as a swan neck illustration)

Enzo Bonafe (maybe a bit loud but the poster is just asking for a last reference)

Sons of Henrey

Allen Edmonds

Suede shoes

Allen Edmonds MTO

Church's

G&G

Vass

C&J

I'm under the impression you're slightly exaggerating.
I don't want to post people's photos if Im using the images as examples of things I don't like. That seems unnecessary and mean. But if you comb through the threads, there are countless examples.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, the prevalence can’t be that high, other than 2 brands maybe.

Butler

Reaction score
Yes, that is a turnback cuff, as you describe, but that is not the same as gauntlet cuffs, which is applied, not turned back!

JIMIG

Reaction score
(I am probably overthinking this, but here goes).

I am trying to learn about ivy style. I understand that shetland sweaters are a staple for FW, but what kind of sweaters would you consider for an ivy look for colder spring/summer days?

I am currently looking at some solid crew neck sweatshirts and some crew neck summery knits in cotton/linen blends. Not sure what details/cuts to look for.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(I am probably overthinking this, but here goes).

I am trying to learn about ivy style. I understand that shetland sweaters are a staple for FW, but what kind of sweaters would you consider for an ivy look for colder spring/summer days?

I am currently looking at some solid crew neck sweatshirts and some crew neck summery knits in cotton/linen blends. Not sure what details/cuts to look for.
DC is hellishly hot and stick in the summer but Spring tends to be cool and wet. I wear linen sweaters for outside dining on those nights when the sun goes behind a building and it cools fast.

No idea about the Ivy thing, though.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.