• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration)

From which fabrics would you be interested in making a tie? See swatches below.

• A1

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • A2

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • A3

• A4

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • A5

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • A6

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • A7

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • A8

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • A9

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • A10

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • A11

Votes: 25 18.9%
  • A12

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • A13

Votes: 33 25.0%
  • A14

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • A15

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • A16

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • B1

Votes: 24 18.2%
  • B2

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • B3

• B4

• B5

• B6

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • B7

• B8

Votes: 22 16.7%
  • B9

• B10

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • B11

• B12

Votes: 63 47.7%
  • B13

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • B14

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • B15

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • B16

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I certainly don't need 4 but it's not as if you will see them again so....

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't need four more ties, but damn...

Keep in mind that the Style Forum definition of ‘need’ departs substantially from what one might find, say, in the OED …

Me? I do believe I feel a need coming on (in the StyFo sense of the term).

Cheers,

Ac

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I'll be purchasing A13

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The more soul-searching question is, if all of the patterns had been made, would you have bought every one?

B10 and B12, certainly. B14 very likely. A13 would be to satisfy the completist streak in me.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The knots are smaller from the Panta's I own that have the same description of the silk. I would say they are slightly bigger than say what a Hermes would end as but smaller compared to Zegna or other Italian similar level silks. My thoughts describe the end result as being a pleasure to own, almost more vintage in feel than something current. I am up to about 15 or so of the ties in silk, wool and blends.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Regarding options-

The plan is for us to offer four different swatches, two widths, and two lengths, as mentioned before. These will be chosen independent of each other - in other words, you can pick the length, width, and fabric for your specific tie. That makes 16 options total, so hopefully that's enough for everyone. Happy to answer any specific questions about the process to the best of my ability, but I assure you that it will be very easy once everything is live.

The back of the tie is white-ish as shown above. These will be untipped and handrolled like the above, as is standard for Ed's ties.

As for the knot, I'd love to see examples from others but here's a pic of me - this is the standard 8cm width. Pardon the face.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Oh good grief, how did I miss this? I have three Panta madders and they're probably my all round favourite ties. Too late to vote, I suppose, but I'd be grateful for a note if and when this happens. The relative "need" is irrelevant; I love these ties.

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding options-

The plan is for us to offer four different swatches, two widths, and two lengths, as mentioned before. These will be chosen independent of each other - in other words, you can pick the length, width, and fabric for your specific tie. That makes 16 options total, so hopefully that's enough for everyone. Happy to answer any specific questions about the process to the best of my ability, but I assure you that it will be very easy once everything is live.

The back of the tie is white-ish as shown above. These will be untipped and handrolled like the above, as is standard for Ed's ties.

As for the knot, I'd love to see examples from others but here's a pic of me - this is the standard 8cm width. Pardon the face.

Flip your square around!

Oh good grief, how did I miss this? I have three Panta madders and they're probably my all round favourite ties. Too late to vote, I suppose, but I'd be grateful for a note if and when this happens. The relative "need" is irrelevant; I love these ties.

You subscribe to the thread; it notifies you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads