• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manila Tailor

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ that sucks man. Did the tailor offer to re-do the shirts to spec?

Cornell isn't perfect but if they make a mistake they will try to fix it. Probably wouldn't hurt to write down your specs so they have a reference.

cranktrooper

Reaction score
I'll notify him tomorrow about my requests that were not done and I do hope he'll fix them without additional charge.
I actually wrote all my requests on paper. I don't know what happened why none of it was followed. :(

I'll try Cornell's next time for my egyptian fabric.

kevinyapjoco

Reaction score
I'll notify him tomorrow about my requests that were not done and I do hope he'll fix them without additional charge.
I actually wrote all my requests on paper. I don't know what happened why none of it was followed. :(

I'll try Cornell's next time for my egyptian fabric.

I've been there and I've learned not to waste my time and money on incompetent tailors who cannot follow instructions.

cranktrooper

Reaction score
Kevin are you referring to a certain tailor with initials R.I.? :)
My current (soon to be ex LOL) tailor's store was beside R.I.'s before my tailor decided to move outside the market.

kevinyapjoco

Reaction score
Kevin are you referring to a certain tailor with initials R.I.? :)
My current (soon to be ex LOL) tailor's store was beside R.I.'s before my tailor decided to move outside the market.

Yes. Those shirts didn't turn out well and was a complete waste of money. I no longer go to Kamuning for anything.

megara

Reaction score
A few posts ago, Fanbi in Greenbelt was mentioned. I called Fanbi a while back and I was told that they only have Wool blends and no Pure Wool. Very disappointing
frown.gif
. Any opinions on Fanbi?

Where do you guys source your fabrics?

Last edited:

cranktrooper

Reaction score
I get my fabrics from Fanbi. They're the only store with a good assortment of fabrics suitable for shirting. I got my oxford and egyptian cotton from them.

I remember buying some japanese and italian cotton from a fabric store in Glorietta 5 before as well.

Last edited:

manilaman

Reaction score
This thread is a bit old but for those still subscribed, this may be interesting. For anyone looking to have a pair of hand welted dress shoes made made in the Manila, I just started Sapatero a small workshop in the city. We use full grain Italian calfskin and oak bark tanned leather for the insole, welt, and outsole. We just started so its by appointment only. You may reach me here or through our Facebook page sapatero.

Last edited:

megara

Reaction score
I get my fabrics from Fanbi. They're the only store with a good assortment of fabrics suitable for shirting. I got my oxford and egyptian cotton from them.

I remember buying some japanese and italian cotton from a fabric store in Glorietta 5 before as well.
Thank you cranktrooper. I'll surely visit them soon.

kevinyapjoco

Reaction score
This thread is a bit old but for those still subscribed, this may be interesting. For anyone looking to have a pair of hand welted dress shoes made made in the Manila, I just started Sapatero a small workshop in the city. We use full grain Italian calfskin and oak bark tanned leather for the insole, welt, and outsole. We just started so its by appointment only. You may reach me here or through our Facebook page sapatero.

Best if you entice us with photos of your products and put a link to the Facebook page.

Lalfiste44

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Looking to get a nice suit for a 20K Php budget. I heard about Sarto Manila. http://www.sartomanila.com/

Have you heard about it?

I know Abdul, I met him a couple of time throuht his girlfriend. He made shirts for some of my officemates. It took a super long but it was good.

cranktrooper

Reaction score
Anyone knows where to buy GOOD imported dress shoes locally?
The only pair I have right now are Bristols but I want to try the imported ones.
I heard Rustan's have Allen Edmond's but I'm not sure if their prices are the same as posted on Allen Edmond's website. I really want something like an AE Mccallister. I like those Tricker's shoes sold by therefinedmanshop too but they're too pricey for me.

Lalfiste44

Reaction score
  • Hi Cranktrooper,

As you mentionned, you can find good imported dressed shoes in Rustan's. There is AE, I don't know if there is the model you like and if you could order it.

You can also find some Church's in Rockwell, in Homme et Femme shop, where Appartment 1B is.

In Greenbelt 5, there is Tod's.

And in Shangri-la Mall, there is Santoni.

Let us know when you will have bought it.

megara

Reaction score
Anyone knows where to buy GOOD imported dress shoes locally?
The only pair I have right now are Bristols but I want to try the imported ones.
I heard Rustan's have Allen Edmond's but I'm not sure if their prices are the same as posted on Allen Edmond's website. I really want something like an AE Mccallister. I like those Tricker's shoes sold by therefinedmanshop too but they're too pricey for me.
Hi Crank Trooper, You could always buy online
smile.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads