Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Manila Tailor

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Dr. J, Dec 12, 2007.

1. chris.tan

chris.tan Member

Haha yeah thats way too much material for my needs. Any recommendations on another fabric?

I need something that'll help with this heat. It's part of my daily uniform so it has to be durable enough for weekly laundering. Pure linen was great, but the heavy wrinkling had me looking like I was wearing pj's by the end of the day. Most people use the awful "clothman" material. It's very durable, but doesn't breathe. I think its 100% polyester.

2. kevinyapjoco

kevinyapjoco Well-Known Member

Anything that is pure linen or with plenty of it will wrinkle a lot. Linen is an inherently casual fabric. If you don't want fabric that wrinkles don't wear anything with linen in it.

3. kevinyapjoco

Look for Fresco, Finmeresco, and Crispaire. But you won't find it in Kamuning. And if you are buying those fabrics you might as well have your suit made by a competent tailor.

4. CasuallyDapper

CasuallyDapper Member

Good evening, fine gents!

I'm on a sort-of mission to get the most out of high street fashion and since I love blazers so much, I decided to experiment with changing the linings of some of the blazers I'm planning to buy in H&M and Mango Men (most low to mid-priced blazers have some form of polyester in their lining). Since I'm from the Philippines, I was wondering if you guys can suggest any tailors who can do such a job, how much, and suggestions on where I can buy viscose, rayon, or even acetate lining (was thinking about cotton lining, but I'm not sure). Also, is it possible for a full-lined suit be converted to a half-lined one?

Your opinions are much appreciated. :D

5. kevinyapjoco

I don't recommend changing the lining. Your tailor might just screw up a decent jacket.

The tailors here might not even accept the job because it entails unstitching the lining and sewing back on a new one which is time consuming. They would rather make entirely new jackets because they earn more and spend less time making it.

Cotton lining is not advisable. It wears warm and becomes icky when sweat has accumulated.