• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manila Tailor

dking14

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you happen to know if Cornells Custom Tailor is open on Sundays?

(I tried to contact them via email but I didnt get a response yet)

Also - would any of you have a reccomendation for a good tailor in Cebu? (for dress shirts and pants)

Thank you

aon

Reaction score

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you happen to know if Cornells Custom Tailor is open on Sundays?

(I tried to contact them via email but I didnt get a response yet)

Also - would any of you have a reccomendation for a good tailor in Cebu? (for dress shirts and pants)

Thank you

They are open on Sundays from 10am to 4pm only.

I suggest you call them first

896 65224
0908 641 6013

paolo1894

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a jeweler competent enough to change watch straps without scratching anything? I need a bracelet changed to a strap..

Edit: Never mind, I learned how to do it and did it myself.

Last edited:

alco

Reaction score
anyone know where to get some good braces (with button holes, not clips)?

went through Rustan's Shangri-la but found nothing..

krakatoa

Reaction score
"anyone know where to get some good braces (with button holes, not clips)?

went through Rustan's Shangri-la but found nothing.."

Order online from Albert Thurston or try the Armoury in HK.
Manila has no source of button braces whatsoever.

banoi

Reaction score
Hello Manila friends,

Edmond and I are going to start bringing in Alden shoes to the Philippines soon. We are currently doing a pre-order for those that want to get in on the first batch of shipment. The first batch will consist of mostly Indy boots & long wing bluchers. Expect prices to be same as US retail. Let us know if you're interested!

Check out our FB page: http://www.facebook.com/TheRefinedManShop

Thanks!

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Already following your page (thanks to Edmond) and looking forward to doing business with you guys. Are you planning on setting up a brick-and-mortar or will sales be internet-only?

rnodern

Reaction score
My,my. What a great thread! Thanks for all of the great information. Here in Manila on business. My favourite suit is getting close to retirement and want to have it copied. I will head down to cornells and get it done. Is it best if I leave the suit with him to copy? Or will he just take measurements?

reeiyan

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Do you know of places where they sell good textiles for long sleeves aside from divisoria? Looking specifically for textiles from japan or from other countries from the west. Some of the tailors don't have that much fabrics and some do require you to supply your own. Found out that most of the textiles that they are selling in divisoria are from korea and china. Some are good but some are also not that high quality. Also found out there's a store in greenbelt called Fanbi - they sell Japan textiles but they sell it double the price from what's in divisoria. Are there other places where there are high quality textiles?

Thanks! :)

rnodern

Reaction score
Hi there,
So, I went to Cornell's over the weekend. As stated above, I went to get a Hugo Boss suit copied. I was quoted 10500 peso for the suit including some okay looking cashmere/wool fabric that he showed me. I know that it is nothing flash, but I am a complete novice in terms of good fabric identification. He agreed to discount the price if I got more than one made up. I go for my first fitting sometime next week. I'll base my decision on the outcome of this.
There was a gentleman in the store there for his first suit fitting whilst I was there. He seemed quite happy with the work and I must admit that it did look like a well made suit. Cornell seemed honest, humble and happy to oblige with all of my requirements.
I also got 5 shirts made up. Again, not my own material, just some nice looking cotton material he had in store. I was quoted 1000 peso per shirt.
I will post again with pictures once I pick up the stuff.

One question: I am here for ages on business and I can't find any good places to get shoes. I have a (US 14) - (EU 38 1/2) sized foot. Does anyone know where I might be able to source some quality business shoes?

aon

Reaction score
^
Cornell's is ok. Don't expect too much. I have switched tailors and I hope this will be better. I am currently having a suit made by The Secret Armory Bespoke. I will be finished by around first week of December.

For shoes, you can get Allen Edmonds in Rustan's and Church's in Univers Rockwell. But they are all way too expensive that you will be better off placing an order online. I never buy my dress shoes here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads