• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone's mentioned this, but Ian Daniels is bringing a nice big selection from his ShopTheFinest collection to NYC this weekend for his bi-annual trunk show. It's a new location on the westside (apparently a much bigger space). If anyone's interested I can dig up the address. Friday, Saturday & Sunday - pretty much all day.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I could attend as I'll be out of town. I highly recommend it, I was like a 3 year old kid in a candy store. Look through Ian's website and if you're interested in certain pieces but not sure of fit, ask Ian to bring them along for you to try on. And you'll save shipping if you decide to buy them.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
I'm not sure anyone's mentioned this, but Ian Daniels is bringing a nice big selection from his ShopTheFinest collection to NYC this weekend for his bi-annual trunk show. It's a new location on the westside (apparently a much bigger space). If anyone's interested I can dig up the address. Friday, Saturday & Sunday - pretty much all day.

MASSIVE SELECTION OF ITEMS SHIPPED!!!

We have shipped over 1,500 items!!! This is much bigger than the 1st two trunk shows and well over half of the items are not on our website! Yes, you will see an enormous selection of items that have yet to be posted to the website!

Items:

Suits, Sportcoats, Pants, Coats, Outerwear Vests, Cufflinks, Pocket Squares, Ties, Shirts, Sweaters, and Tuxedos

Brands:

Cesare Attolini, Kiton, Isaia, Barba, Anna Matuozzo, Finamore, Avon Celli, Brunello Cucinelli, Borrelli, E. Marinella and more!

DATES:

Friday Nov 16th
Saturday Nov 17th
Sunday Nov 18th

SCHEDULE:

9am to 6pm - all 3 days (after hours can be arranged)

Flatotel
135 West 52nd Street
New York City, NY 10019
(Between 6th Ave. and 7th Ave.)

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
What: Dsquared², Maison Martin Margiela, and Sophia Kokosalaki
Why: Up to 50 percent off this season's collections for men and women.
When: Nov. 15 & 16. Thurs., 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Fri., 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Where: 495 Broadway, b/t Spring & Broome Sts., 8th flr. (646-613-8457).

Anybody check this out and anything they can report on this. Specifically if they had small sizes and price points? i'm interested in Margiela, mainly.

Thanks,
Dan

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For future reference, the Adam Derrick To Boot sale is a great opportunity to pick up cheap wool socks. They had a small selection of calf length and over the calf hosiery in wool/nylon or cotton/nylon blends. 10 for $25 was quite the bargain. FYI, the next sale is in May.

free

Reaction score
Went to Ian's trunck show in Midtown West yesterday. Tons of things filled a huge hotel suite, many are not yet on Ian's website. Several large racks of Kiton, Borrelli, Attollini, Cucinelli suits, SC & overcoats. Boxes of sweaters and shirts in all sizes. Hundreds of ties. It was the first time that I was able to try on all these brands at the same time to compare the fit. And no pressure... Ian was very freindly and knowledgeable, and was perfectly cool about leaving you alone to try things on when you have no questions.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by free
Went to Ian's trunck show in Midtown West yesterday. Tons of things filled a huge hotel suite, many are not yet on Ian's website. Several large racks of Kiton, Borrelli, Attollini, Cucinelli suits, SC & overcoats. Boxes of sweaters and shirts in all sizes. Hundreds of ties. It was the first time that I was able to try on all these brands at the same time to compare the fit. And no pressure... Ian was very freindly and knowledgeable, and was perfectly cool about leaving you alone to try things on when you have no questions.

+1

Seemed like a lot more stuff than before. Throw some Isaia in the mix and free's got it covered. Shirts now labeled by size! Lots of Matuozzo, Barba & Kiton ties (don't remember seeing the Attolini section, but it was probsably there). Didn't check out sweaters, but there were boxes of them. A few lonley St. Crispins on the floor. A nice little selection of pocket squares, AND a new (temporary) source for Marinella ties ties in NYC...at half price
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Ian's a good guy, and has an interesting clientle....

Cassidy

Reaction score
Just wondering... are there any post-Holiday sales to look out for in early January? Mulling over the decision to buy stuff for myself or wait a month and a half...

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Up to 60% off John Varvatos clothes for men and women, 260 5th [28th/29th] 212.725.5400, today thru Friday, 10-6, 12/1 and 12/2, 11-7.

lefty

T&A Fan

Reaction score
Barneys sale has been on since before Thanksgiving--seemed like 30% off on items that were on sale. I'd expect a broader selection of merch to go on sale as it progresses.

Bergdorf Goodman designer collections (3rd floor) go 30% off today (pre sale started over the weekend). Not sure when 1st and 2nd floor sale starts, but probably 1-2) weeks away.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Time for my Holiday Sample sale
I will be selling Assorted shirts; Dress. sport, and formal $10-75
Many slight seconds from Ba***ys. Misweaves in fabric. sorry these are full cut not slim fit. all $35.
Boxer Shorts $10-$20
Pajama bottoms (men's and Women's) $25
ties $10
Pocket squares cotton and Silk $5.00 5/20
The most amazing Pillow cases ever. Made from leftover high count Italian fabrics. $25 each

Napkins with matching cuff rings! $15 each. these make great gifts.

Lots of Women's shirts/blouses as well from Flatiron Workshop

Where
@ Flatiron workshop 225 West 35th St. Between 7-8th Ave 10th Floor
When
Thursday, November 29 10-8:00
Friday, November 30 11-5:00
Cash or Check with ID.

CEGO 212 620-4512
Flatiron 212 594-0344

nbutter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Up to 60% off John Varvatos clothes for men and women, 260 5th [28th/29th] 212.725.5400, today thru Friday, 10-6, 12/1 and 12/2, 11-7.

lefty

went by today. i think shirts were $90, suits were $350. selection is OK, but not enormous. shirts seemed to be mostly mediums. highlight for me were the $35 ties, very nice.

also stopped by CEGO sale. got a white herringbone semi-spread shirt from Barney's, in nice soft brushed cotton with one small misweave low down on the side, for $35. Nice ties for $10 -- good deal!

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VALENTINO
\t
\t
\t

WOMEN'S
Clothing, Shoes, Handbags & Accessories

MEN'S
Clothing & Accessories
\t

TUESDAY, NOV. 27th through FRIDAY, NOV. 30th
Tuesday through Thursday: 9:00am to 6:30pm
Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
\t

To be held at:
SOIFFER HASKIN
317 West 33rd Street, NYC
(Just west of 8th Avenue)

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LAMBERTSON TRUEX
\t
\t
\t

WOMEN'S
Handbags, Shoes, Small Leather Goods,
Belts and Gloves

MEN'S
Bags, Shoes, Neckwear & Small Leather Goods

UP TO 80% OFF RETAIL
\t

WEDNESDAY, DEC. 5th through FRIDAY, DEC. 7th
9:00am to 6:30pm Daily
\t

NOTE LOCATION:
METROPOLITAN PAVILION
123 West 18th Street, NYC
(Between 6th and 7th Avenues)

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TSE
\t
\t
\t

SAVINGS OF UP TO 80% OFF
ORIGINAL RETAIL PRICES

WOMEN'S, MEN'S, tsesay,
& ACCESSORIES

Cashmere, Superfine Wool, Cotton,
Fashion Knits & Wovens, Classics and Outerwear
\t

SUNDAY, DEC. 2nd through THURSDAY, DEC. 6th
9:00am to 7:00pm Daily
\t

To be held at:
SOIFFER HASKIN
317 West 33rd Street, NYC
(Just west of 8th Avenue)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads