• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

nbutter

Reaction score
Saw a Charles Tyrwhitt ad in the NYT today with a big "70% off." anyone in midtown care to peek in?

iron_ball

Reaction score
Dropped by. It was a few shoppers shy of a madhouse, but there was at least a distinct lunatic cast to the proceedings. There was still some good stuff, but practical colors in common sizes were clearly going fast. At $35 for a $100 shirt, I can't be too surprised. I would expect to see the place picked to the bone come Sunday.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just in Bloomingdales.

Quite a few things at 40% off initial price, esp if you like Joseph Aboud (sp?) stuff. The underwear section looked like the aftermath of a 70% off women's shoe sale at Saks.

Limited selection of shoes for 50% off. If you are a size 9.5 and want a johnston & murphy shoe that looks like a penny loafer (Brown) then you are set. Otherwise $500 shoes the brand names of which I didn't recognize. (half price = $250 or so)

I was not really impressed by the "sale". Meanwhile supposedly "house wares" has a big sale today and tomorrow.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Filene's Basement down by Madison Square Park has a bunch of Canali shirts, ties, and suits in

iron_ball

Reaction score
Do you mean Union Square? Madison Square Park is the one with the Shake Shack, and if there is a Filene's Basement there, it has thus far eluded my notice.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a Filene's on the south side of Union Sq. Perhaps he means that one.

negusnegas

Reaction score
If anyone is in the market for a nice leather jacket by Allegri in a size 48 for $299 go check downstairs at Century 21. I would have bought it but need at least a 50 or 52.

mussel

Reaction score
Barneys warehouse sale:

Thur 8/14 - Mon 9/1/08
Weekdays 10am - 9pm
Weekends 10am - 7pm
8/14 & 8/15 8am - 9pm

255 W 17th St.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing I like about Barneys warehouse sale, along with ads of US Open, is that it marks the beginning of the end of summer. Bring in the layering, overcoats, and crisp cool air. In fact, it's markedly cooler today and high will be in the 70's for the weekend. Bye bye causal summer.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Indeed!

This is the first year in the past three where I'll be out of town for the last weekend.
musicboohoo[1].gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know if the warehouse sale will open early the first day?

RichmondStyle

Reaction score
Lucky me, I am flying up to NY on the afternoon of 8/15. Keep news of any other sales coming, guys -- especially ones for next weekend.

What have others' past experiences at the Barneys Warehouse sales been? Any memorable finds from past years that you'd like to share?

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RichmondStyle
What have others' past experiences at the Barneys Warehouse sales been? Any memorable finds from past years that you'd like to share?

There are reviews of many recent sales if you do searches.

The sale generally starts with the same discounts that the department store before the stuff was moved out. There are subsequent drops in prices as it goes along. Suits and shirts are hit the hardest. In my experience, the best deals are to be found in shoes and some outerwear.

The deals aren't what they used to be, but it's one of the few late-season sales.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads