• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MaFooFan at H - The Movie

grace2011

Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Can't wait for the inevitable backlash/bitchfest from the PF faithful.
bigstar[1].gif

it seems the "PF faithful" are posting about him (and the SF) on yet another forum.

cakeymakeybakey said...

I think you'll find if you read further into that mafoofan thread on tPF that most of us were in agreement that the Hermès SA behaved inappropriately and could have handled the situation with Mr. Fan and his wallet request much better.

We also posted that Mr. Fan went into Hermès asking specifically for a "dark green pebbled calfskin breast wallet," something that in the Hermès lexicology of leathers needed clarification -- was he looking for Clemence or Togo, or actually something in a mature cowhide? In this season's offerings of colors, it's quite possible that mafoofan was asking for the impossible. Those of us who are Hermès leather aficionados understood that, and got a chuckle out of his Catch-22-esque narrative of the situation.

I also posted on that thread and the SF companion thread that I was delighted to hear that Mr. Fan was able to place his custom order and was given an approximate delivery date for his Evergrain wallet. Interestingly, the leather he has chosen is not a pebbled calfskin at all. It is an embossed smooth calfskin with a very fine texture. So you see the problems with his original request as stated to the SA.

mafoofan's original post on the SF was a hilarious rendition in story-telling, and many of his forum friends were much snarkier than I or some others from tPF in their responses. The whole thing was like some kind of theater of the absurd production.

What's most surprising is that you pulled *my* post from ALL of the 544 posts as an exemplar of "rude and arrogant?" Really?

And yes, in response to the duchess of H, yes, I like your bespoke inserts very much. Why on earth would I slag them? I love Hermès products, and those are really nice examples of what can happen when a client collaborates with the boutique.

Thanks for the opportunity to respond. I only wish more of your readers were as thoughtful in their replies. The knee-jerk nastiness is doing your efforts a disservice.

http://www.thepurseforumadvisory.com/2010/12/rude-arrogant.html

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I rewatched The Godfather Pt. II last night, and I also watched this. It's tough to say which is the better film.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I was the one who suggested turning this into a screen play. I am due a royalty!

I predict a box office hit.

Your estate will be fine without this almost-assured flop, my good man. I can just picture the water cooler talk on Monday. "Say, Joe, did you catch 'MaFooFan at H?'" "No! I heard mixed reviews, what's it about?" "Some dude trying to buy a breast wallet." "YOU CAN GET WALLETS MADE OF BREASTS????" "And he wanted one in green!" "Sign me up for the alien babes!"

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If someone asks a sa if H has a pebbled green calf leather breast wallet a polite response could be, yes, no, or let's find out. You saying Hermes may have no such leather (at the moment), so MF is ignorant for asking is going about the whole selling/buying thing the wrong way.

It was the SA who created the Catch 22 situation. Not MF.

grace2011

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
If someone asks a sa if H has a pebbled green calf leather breast wallet a polite response could be, yes, no, or let's find out. You saying Hermes may have no such leather (at the moment), so MF is ignorant for asking is going about the whole selling/buying thing the wrong way. It was the SA who created the Catch 22 situation. Not MF.
i couldn't agree with you more. I was only posting a comment that someone from the PF wrote regarding all of this, and her comment is not my opinion. My observations are that most of the Hermes crowd at the PF have some sick obsession with this brand and if anyone so much as sneezes at it they go ballistic. it's somewhat sad. they also have bought into this Hermes marketing strategy of "hand made /hand stitched" which may have been the case a long time ago but it's certainly no longer the case. Hermes has something like 300 stores now and are opening more as i write this. they certainly aren't hand making and hand stitching all those wallets, belts, bags, etc...

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grace2011
i couldn't agree with you more. I was only posting a comment that someone from the PF wrote regarding all of this, and her comment is not my opinion. My observations are that most of the Hermes crowd at the PF have some sick obsession with this brand and if anyone so much as sneezes at it they go ballistic. it's somewhat sad.

they also have bought into this Hermes marketing strategy of "hand made /hand stitched" which may have been the case a long time ago but it's certainly no longer the case. Hermes has something like 300 stores now and are opening more as i write this. they certainly aren't hand making and hand stitching all those wallets, belts, bags, etc...

The exact same thing can be said about other high-end so-called 'hand made' items such as suits. Kiton, Attolini, Brioni, etc... don't have the handwork they used to have. 'Hand made' in the current market is far more of a marketing-created mystic than actual fact.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i couldn't agree with you more. I was only posting a comment that someone from the PF wrote regarding all of this, and her comment is not my opinion. My observations are that most of the Hermes crowd at the PF have some sick obsession with this brand and if anyone so much as sneezes at it they go ballistic. it's somewhat sad. they also have bought into this Hermes marketing strategy of "hand made /hand stitched" which may have been the case a long time ago but it's certainly no longer the case. Hermes has something like 300 stores now and are opening more as i write this. they certainly aren't hand making and hand stitching all those wallets, belts, bags, etc...
Then we're agreed. Apparently it was I, who was missing your point.

grace2011

Reaction score

I see that i wasn't very clear in my cut/paste post which you initially were referencing.
all good now.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
awesome

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see that i wasn't very clear in my cut/paste post which you initially were referencing.
all good now.

Oh come on now, for a Foo's post, there must be cat fights, not hugs and kisses.
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads