• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

thedose

Reaction score
@Boggis Have you taken a look at the Carmina website? THIS LINK answers your question about widths.

Let's move this thread back on topic to TLB Mallorca :fonz: (since there IS a Carmina thread)...

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 10.04.25 AM.png

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any plans to bring the reverse NST artista to standard stock in 2021? I know it’s available mto but I’d think there’s demand for stock service.

edit: meant this for the skolyx thread

Last edited:

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone from the UK ordered TLB shoes post-Brexit? From what I understand there are no import duties, however not sure how things stand when it comes to paying VAT and if there are any customs checks at all given they are shipped via UPS.

Treader

Reaction score
I have recently received a pair of custom wingtips (110 artista) in burgundy vegano. I chose the Goya last, and added JR soles. The french tips have been added after I received them. The total cost was 429 euros (not including the shoe trees). The normal cost for ready to wear shoes in F width without JR soles is around 350 euros, but I had to go with a G width.

I can only say that they are perfect. I'm amazed by the quality and there are absolutely no flaws. In my opinion they are worth far more than the price I paid, and to my eyes are much finer shoes than some shoes I've seen at much higher cost. For example, they are noticeably better quality than Carminas which are significantly more expensive for custom shoes. Everything is almost flawless to my eyes - I could find nothing wrong with the stitching, broguing, finishing and general construction, and the bevelling and slimness of the waist is incredible. There are details here I wouldn't expect on any shoes less than 1000 euros. TLB must be running on razor thin margins, and as others have said I wouldn't be surprised if there is a price hike very soon. Get 'em while you can!

Needless to say, these shoes are oh so pretty, by far the most beautiful that I own. The burgundy vegano leather is absolutely stunning, and the silhouette is sleek and stylish without looking to "European" and fashion-forward. It's the perfect balance of modernly stylish and classically timeless - I expect these to still look stunning when I wear them to my own funeral.

Equally impressive was the service. Nine days after I placed my order I received a notification that they had shipped, and they were at my door exactly two weeks after my order. This is incredible for custom made shoes! By comparison, I'm still waiting for my Carminas two months later. And the communication was excellent. Toni, the owner of the company, replied to all my emails within hours and he gave me excellent and accurate advice regarding sizing prior to my order. The only problem I had was that I received round laces when I had ordered flat laces. When I queried this, Toni promptly replied that he would send me two pairs of flat laces. Great service, and I could tell that he is dedicated and passionate about his company.

As for the fit, they are quite snug on the first wear. But from my experience of breaking in shoes, it's the kind of snugness that I expect will settle into very comfortable and well-fitting shoes. It's not the kind of tightness I've experienced before which endured and required a shoe stretcher. I'm glad that I listened to Toni's advice to order a G width when I expected to need an H width. For reference, these are 7.5G - in the Carmina forest last I wear 7.5EEE and for the Allen Edmonds 65 last I wear 8EEE.

Overall I'm thrilled with the quality and value of TLB shoes, and these won't be my last.

Attachments

• 20210118_212608.jpg
    20210118_212608.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 20210118_212629.jpg
    20210118_212629.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 20210118_212710.jpg
    20210118_212710.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 20210118_212747.jpg
    20210118_212747.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 189
  • 20210118_212814.jpg
    20210118_212814.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 20210118_212825.jpg
    20210118_212825.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

thuhoan

Reaction score
I have recently received a pair of custom wingtips (110 artista) in burgundy vegano. I chose the Goya last, and added JR soles. The french tips have been added after I received them. The total cost was 429 euros (not including the shoe trees). The normal cost for ready to wear shoes in F width without JR soles is around 350 euros, but I had to go with a G width.

I can only say that they are perfect. I'm amazed by the quality and there are absolutely no flaws. In my opinion they are worth far more than the price I paid, and to my eyes are much finer shoes than some shoes I've seen at much higher cost. For example, they are noticeably better quality than Carminas which are significantly more expensive for custom shoes. Everything is almost flawless to my eyes - I could find nothing wrong with the stitching, broguing, finishing and general construction, and the bevelling and slimness of the waist is incredible. There are details here I wouldn't expect on any shoes less than 1000 euros. TLB must be running on razor thin margins, and as others have said I wouldn't be surprised if there is a price hike very soon. Get 'em while you can!

Needless to say, these shoes are oh so pretty, by far the most beautiful that I own. The burgundy vegano leather is absolutely stunning, and the silhouette is sleek and stylish without looking to "European" and fashion-forward. It's the perfect balance of modernly stylish and classically timeless - I expect these to still look stunning when I wear them to my own funeral.

Equally impressive was the service. Nine days after I placed my order I received a notification that they had shipped, and they were at my door exactly two weeks after my order. This is incredible for custom made shoes! By comparison, I'm still waiting for my Carminas two months later. And the communication was excellent. Toni, the owner of the company, replied to all my emails within hours and he gave me excellent and accurate advice regarding sizing prior to my order. The only problem I had was that I received round laces when I had ordered flat laces. When I queried this, Toni promptly replied that he would send me two pairs of flat laces. Great service, and I could tell that he is dedicated and passionate about his company.

As for the fit, they are quite snug on the first wear. But from my experience of breaking in shoes, it's the kind of snugness that I expect will settle into very comfortable and well-fitting shoes. It's not the kind of tightness I've experienced before which endured and required a shoe stretcher. I'm glad that I listened to Toni's advice to order a G width when I expected to need an H width. For reference, these are 7.5G - in the Carmina forest last I wear 7.5EEE and for the Allen Edmonds 65 last I wear 8EEE.

Overall I'm thrilled with the quality and value of TLB shoes, and these won't be my last.

Amazing! Just 429 euro? It shows 520 for me with JR soles.

thehkshoeshiner

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on when the factory will be able to install metal toe taps as part of the customisation option? I'm itching to place a couple of orders but would rather wait until this has been rolled out and is available to select.

I asked Toni as well but seems like not anytime soon. I just purchase the shoes and have toe plates done in other shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads