• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MACY"S deal on HB Jodhpur boots

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do give credit where credit is due.
There is nothing wrong with H.Boss made in Italy boots for 281.00

RM Williams are perfect for those who are into Allen Edmonds and thrifting.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I do give credit where credit is due.
There is nothing wrong with H.Boss made in Italy boots for 281.00

RM Williams are perfect for those who are into Allen Edmonds and thrifting.

But for those who won't lower themsevles to the Goodwill bins, only Dolec & Gabanna is good enough, right
smile.gif

Jason762

Reaction score
Think this deal is good in-store? My credit card doesn't go up that high
musicboohoo[1].gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jason762
Think this deal is good in-store? My credit card doesn't go up that high
musicboohoo[1].gif

Apply for a Macy card. 20% off, on top of the opportunity of a lifetime. It's a win-win situation.

Jason762

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Apply for a Macy card. 20% off, on top of the opportunity of a lifetime. It's a win-win situation.
Good advice, alas I'm just starting out in the credit card world. I doubt I'd qualify yet. Just got my American Express card about 2 weeks ago (from being an employee of CostCo). $ 500 limit, and I refuse to go over 30% (apparently credit card companies don't like it when you go over 30% of your limit).

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jason762
Good advice, alas I'm just starting out in the credit card world. I doubt I'd qualify yet. Just got my American Express card about 2 weeks ago (from being an employee of CostCo). $ 500 limit, and I refuse to go over 30% (apparently credit card companies don't like it when you go over 30% of your limit).

no offense to Dkzz (my ribbing was meant in a friendly way), but his taste is rather specific. Objectively speaking, these boots are simply not a good buy. Especially not if it means going into CC debt to get them. Take a look at the RM Williams jodhpur if you like this style: a lower price for an infinitely better quality boot.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
no offense to Dkzz (my ribbing was meant in a friendly way), but his taste is rather specific. Objectively speaking, these boots are simply not a good buy. Especially not if it means going into CC debt to get them. Take a look at the RM Williams jodhpur if you like this style: a lower price for an infinitely better quality boot.
Yeah, but all my drinking buddies and girlz at the club will think that RM Williams is some Payless brand. I buy Hugo Boss and suddenly I'm money.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yeah, but all my drinking buddies and girlz at the club will think that RM Williams is some Payless brand. I buy Hugo Boss and suddenly I'm money.

If your "drinking buddies" ask about the brand of your shoes, you need to stop hanging out w/ Conne's crew. All those Daquiris are making you soft, kiiiiid.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
If your "drinking buddies" ask about the brand of your shoes, you need to stop hanging out w/ Conne's crew. All those Daquiris are making you soft, kiiiiid.
Going with the "brand" and "thrifting" theme, at one of the weddings I went to this year an acquaintance asked me, "Hey, nice shoes. Florsheim?" "No, AE." "Oh, looks expensive." Yeah. So HB it is!!!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Preposterous. We drink bourbon.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm told that girls flock to Hugo Boss,

Allen Edmonds, not so much.
R.M. Williams, I don't even know what that is. Don't they make fancy paint and all that?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't like HB boots style, buy sturdy R.M.Williams that will last you a life time.

After all it is all in the eye of the beholder.

Some folks on this board think this is beautifull:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
If you don't like HB boots style, buy sturdy R.M.Williams that will last you a life time.

After all it is all in the eye of the beholder.

Some folks on this board think this is beautifull:

I don't like the RMW you posted but I will put this up against any HB boot at any price :

KIF_3652.jpg

Also, my RMW are almost crease proof, the retain their shape magnificently and look great on the foot. The HB might be a decent boot, but $280 is not a "value" for it by any stretch of the imagination.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads