• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LV Champs Elysées Bill Clip - Hot or Not?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
whatever it takes to get laid
For the $240 he would spend to get the LV clip, he'd no doubt be attracting the caliber of woman whose favors you could otherwise secure for $50... $75 bucks tops. Trust me, the people who will be impressed with that tacky money clip aren't the kind of people you want to be impressing. Likewise, the kind you'd WANT to impress or from whom you'd want attention will probably be turned off by something so gaudy.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks OK, I read half the posts here before looking at the clip and was expecting much worse. The biggest issue I would have is that it's stainless steel for $240. At that price, they could at least afford to make it silver. Maybe if the LV was engraved and tone-on-tone instead of all black it would be a little more subtle.

By no means the best money clip I've ever seen, but it could be worse (I think...)

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Money clips were created to weed out the dumb people.

"Hey, lets make a piece of metal that holds people's money together!"

"Why would people need to hold their money together, can't they just keep it folded in their pocket?"

"Who cares? If they're stupid enough to buy it, let them!"

"Oh yeah, good idea."

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not.

Notice how a similar item without the monogram costs more, people are willing to pay for elegance (albeit stainless steel elegance).

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
Money clips were created to weed out the dumb people. "Hey, lets make a piece of metal that holds people's money together!" "Why would people need to hold their money together, can't they just keep it folded in their pocket?" "Who cares? If they're stupid enough to buy it, let them!" "Oh yeah, good idea."
You could say that about half the stuff people on this forum like. Why make a $1000 watch when a $20 watch can tell time? Why make a $200 pen when a 30 cent pen can write just as well? Why make any of the stuff people on this forum like? Everything that is appreciated on here is overly extravagant by your standard. As for the clip, it's not that bad, would I pay $240? Probably not.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Why would people need to hold their money together, can't they just keep it folded in their pocket?"
I walked around once with a few bills in my pocket without wallet, clip, or anything. I felt like a hobo or a crackhead every time I just pulled a bunch of loose bills out of my pocket to pay for anything. I have a money clip (much cheaper than that), but I rarely carry any serious amount of cash, so I rarely use it. Ladies seem to like it, guys on the internet seem to hate it... who are you more worried about impressing?

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Money clips cannot be justified. Nearly every other article of clothing or accessory can. Sorry if you're offended that your over-priced piece of metal has been slandered.

MaxJones

Reaction score
Money clips were created to weed out the dumb people.

"Hey, lets make a piece of metal that holds people's money together!"

"Oh yeah, good idea."

Knives and forks were created to weed out dumb people.

"Hey, let's make pieces of metal for cutting and eating food!"

"Why do people need metal to eat food, can't they use their hands?"

"Oh yeah, good idea."

Brilliant.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Money clips cannot be justified
Of course it can... guys who wear slim fitting trousers don't want to carry around bulging wallets that look like a deck of playing cards strapped to their thighs. Card holder for the credit cards and business cards, clip for the cash. It keeps everything orderly and in its place. It's designed to store money, so it's just as justified as a wallet (unless you think those are silly too...)
Nearly every other article of clothing or accessory can.
I'd say it's still more useful than the necktie, tie clip, pocket square, and vest. Irregardless
wink.gif
it's not about function as it about form. All clothing is completely unjustifiable compared to a burlap sack.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you keep a wad of cash in your pocket, the bills can become separated and are more likely to fall out of your pocket than if they're weighted down with the money-clip...

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
For the $240 he would spend to get the LV clip, he'd no doubt be attracting the caliber of woman whose favors you could otherwise secure for $50... $75 bucks tops.

Trust me, the people who will be impressed with that tacky money clip aren't the kind of people you want to be impressing. Likewise, the kind you'd WANT to impress or from whom you'd want attention will probably be turned off by something so gaudy.

different dresses/accessories for different occasions.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
5 women saw the LV logo and said they liked it, but do they even know what that is?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads