• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welp, looks like I’m the big loser tonight...

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tfw you win shirts and worry you should have waited for the Shopify drop to go live. But I guess Eidos is worth a premium.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 950949

Also, im proud to say we are close to a million page views! If anyone can get a screengrab of it at exactly 1,000,000 and post it here, ill send you a free tie.

Between digging through 5 year old threads to find a golden egg and watching your view-count, I'm not sure what my life has become. Oh, if 18 year old me were to know the adventures that would follow...

winghus

Reaction score
Anyone who ordered the ochre herringbone slub summer wool Hertlings in 38 or 40 who regrets that decision and wants to get rid of them let me know. I've worn the olive ones twice now and absolutely love them. I wish I had these in 5 different colors. Ochre was sold out before I thought to order them.

Looking forward to measurements on the shirts coming up.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
ok... shirt came saturday, finally got around to some quick pics and fit. First off, Shirt is by Oriali Firenze.

As you can see, details are nice.... MOP buttons, great color, and the fabric is soft as a babys ass.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Now, for fit...im 6'2, 200lbs. Heres how it looks on me...
5.jpg

4.jpg

Pros: nice details for this level of shirt. and the collar shape is probably the shining star of the shirt. Ill put the fabric as a pro...its very soft. feels great..but wrinkles like a mofucker.

Cons: fit is a smidge baggier than i like in the chest.

All in, for $75 and under, (assuming the pricepoint) its a damn good purchase. Any gripes i might have would be easily mitigated by picking the details myself. (only gripe is i rarely wear french cuffs these days)

THANKS A MILLION TO SPOO! looking forward to the sale going live. No brainer of a purchase.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so, as I've already stated, I received my shirt a couple of days ago. I received the Alexander Uomo shirt, which was the same one @Caustic Man received. He offered a great review and he understands the details related to tailoring/fabrics/fit better than I do, so I'd suggest looking at his as well. The construction is great for the price point. No complaints whatsoever. There are good details such as nice, thick buttons (even though they're plastic), nice stitching, and a great collar. The fit, even though on the slim side is not at all skinny.

This is always exciting.

IMG_5610.JPG

The shirt, prior to unpacking.

IMG_5611.jpg

Some photos of the shirt on a hanger.

IMG_5613.JPG

IMG_5614.JPG

IMG_5616.JPG

IMG_5617.JPG

Darts to slim up the body, but again, definitely not a super slim fit.

IMG_5621.JPG

And some photos of the shirt on me. For reference, I'm 6'4" and 270 lbs. I normally wear a size 17 (43) in regular sizing (Sid Mashburn, Brooks Brothers, etc.) and I wear a 17.5 (44) in slim shirts (Isaia, SuitSupply, G. Ingese, etc.). I relayed this to Spoo and he shipped me a 17.5. This was a good call. The shirt fits like a freakin' glove. No alterations needed whatsoever, not even the sleeves (incredibly rare). I normally wear about a 35.5 inch sleeve and this shirt was perfect. A note about the length; CM stated that he thought it could be a little longer. I agree, although even with my height, it works well.

IMG_5623.JPG

IMG_5624.jpg

IMG_5625.JPG

IMG_5626.JPG

IMG_5633.jpg

I apologize for the iPhone photography and awkward poses to get some side shots. Also, as a bonus, I'm wearing some Kent & Curwen pants I recently purchased from Spoo. These have become one of my favorite pairs of trousers.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I. Want. That. Coat.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52