• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will add my congrats to the mix here. I have bought from Spoo here on the B&S and he is a great seller, first class goods, good prices and prompt shipping.

To the idea of the luxe swap all I can say is WOW! I have several items from various sources (trifting, B&S, ebay) that just don't work for me that just take up space. Look for some business coming from me.

I am effort to not overflow Spoo's inbox, I'll ask here first, how do you get started? Do we send you item descriptions and pictures? Or the item itself? And how will shipping work?

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I am effort to not overflow Spoo's inbox, I'll ask here first, how do you get started? Do we send you item descriptions and pictures? Or the item itself? And how will shipping work?

Thanks for the nice words - and taking it easy on my PMs. :)

Its actually a good question which should be answered here. The best thing to do is email me or PM me what you have that you are considering to sell. I don't need pictures to get a general idea if it will work for my clients and with the rest of my assortment. Just a basic list of brands and a quick description of what it is. Only if something is in questionable condition would a picture really be necessary.

Then, you send whatever items we discussed over to us, and they are reviewed, photographed, measured, and listed. All you have to do is kick back and wait for the check.

I take consignments from all over the world, so international clients are more than welcome too.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's an amazing service Spoo. I'm still thinking if I should hand over my TF suit that is to big...

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Q: Spoo, in your time as consigner there must've been a few items that you would love to have kept for yourself but you watched them go on eBay and disappear from your life forever, I await your answer (with pictures if possible!!)
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Q: Spoo, in your time as consigner there must've been a few items that you would love to have kept for yourself but you watched them go on eBay and disappear from your life forever, I await your answer (with pictures if possible!!) 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

Actually a great question, and the answer is yes. There has been plenty of things that pained me to hit the launch button on... I don't keep a "greatest hits" file of those so no pics. But, once a new client gave me a stack of 10 suits - Kiton, Turnbull & Asser, some bespokes, etc, along with 30 shoes - Aldens, Lobbs, Lattanzi, etc. All my size. I nearly passed out as I think he could have sensed my excitement when I tried one on and it fit like a glove. They all went the way of the walk, but they fetched some great prices and he gave me a few suits as a bonus for doing a good job, which I still wear today.

My wife gets a bit misty eyed whenever an awesome Chanel bag crosses the plate, as well. Thankfully she's not into shoes, as I have one client who hands me garbage bags full of Louboutins once a year when she cleans out her summer home.

Oh, and I have a feeling that I will have another one to add to the "wish I could keep" list soon, as Hampton here is one size smaller than me.....

I'm still thinking if I should hand over my TF suit that is to big...

:)

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
better late than never...well done and continued success Spoo !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads