• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lululemon -- Just caught the bug

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
On another note, more then just the clothes, what I really like is their whole store is more about a general sort of healthy holistic lifestyle. And it's not just some sales gimick, they started that way. Their staff are all well educated, healthy, etc. They even do free yoga classes in the store a few times a week.

This is rather embarrassing.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZON_JR
This is rather embarrassing.

This is harsh. Having a ****** is no reason to be embarrassed, as many Gyno-Americans will tell you.

- B

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I thought they only sold chick stuff. I would rather wear Nike and Under Armour before telling someone my workout clothes are from "Lulumon." Sorry.

Masculinity issues much?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by magogian12345
Such ill-conceived hatred in this thread.

laugh.gif

My wife likes the stuff, but she actually does yoga.

- B

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Good to know. I was under the impression that Lululemon was a girl's store only. The name doesn't exactly scream men's apparel, and I always see a constant stream of chicks entering and leaving the store next to the local gym.
Actually the name was sort of just made up. In asia (chinese?) the letter "L" is considered lucky, so chip put in 3 of them. I don't think it means anything in particular.
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I thought they only sold chick stuff. I would rather wear Nike and Under Armour before telling someone my workout clothes are from "Lulumon." Sorry.
well I hear ya, actually there are a ton of womenz who would go for taht sort of thing. If you're a real heavy sweaty gorilla who's actually pumping iron, then yeah, get underarmour. If you're one of the nuveau workout guys, ie yoga, cardio, light weights, soy mochachino, type, and you're looking for fitness bunnies, then this stuff works like a charm, no joke.
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
This is harsh. Having a ****** is no reason to be embarrassed, as many Gyno-Americans will tell you. - B
Hey, yeah. Whatcho got against Vag's, you a ****? (anyone else look at the logo and think "Vag!"?) - Edit, I meant that to ZON_JR any questions?
lululemon-250x300.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey, yeah. Whatcho got against Vag's, you a ****? (anyone else look at the logo and think "Vag!"?)

I am pro-vag unless there's also an Adam's apple.

- B

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their clothes are expensive - even on sale.

This is the story of their logo:

"The lululemon name and logo was created by lululemon founder Chip Wilson. The stylized "A" logo which appears on lululemon clothing has had its share of interesting interpretations: from a girl's flip hair-do to sensual parts of a ************ (that's for you to guess!). The "A" originally stood for the first letter in "Athletically Hip". Athletically Hip was one of 20 names originally proposed to the original design team. The original design team like the stylized "A" but they preferred the name "lululemon"."

manifesto_en.jpg

the lululemon manifesto
•Drink FRESH water and as much water as you can. Water flushes unwanted toxins from your body and keeps your brain sharp.
•A daily hit of athletic-induced endorphins gives you the power to make better decisions, helps you be at peace with yourself, and offsets stress.
•Do one thing a day that scares you.
•Listen, listen, listen, and then ask strategic questions.
•Write down your short and long-term GOALS four times a year. Two personal, two business and two health goals for the next 1, 5 and 10 years. Goal setting triggers your subconscious computer.
•Life is full of setbacks. Success is determined by how you handle setbacks.
•Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself.
•That which matters the most should never give way to that which matters the least.
•Stress is related to 99% of all illness.
•Jealousy works the opposite way you want it to.
•The world is changing at such a rapid rate that waiting to implement changes will leave you 2 steps behind. DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW!
•Friends are more important than money.
•Breathe deeply and appreciate the moment. Living in the moment could be the meaning of life.
•Take various vitamins. You never know what small mineral can eliminate the bottleneck to everlasting health.
•Don’t trust that an old age pension will be sufficient.
•Visualize your eventual demise. It can have an amazing effect on how you live for the moment.
•The conscious brain can only hold one thought at a time. Choose a positive thought.
•Live near the ocean and inhale the pure salt air that flows over the water, Vancouver will do nicely.
•Observe a plant before and after watering and relate these benefits to your body and brain.
•Practice yoga so you can remain active in physical sports as you age.
•Dance, sing, floss and travel.
•Children are the orgasm of life. Just like you did not know what an orgasm was before you had one, nature does not let you know how great children are until you have them.
•Successful people replace the words “wish”, “should” and “try” with “I will”.
•Creativity is maximized when you’re living in the moment.
•Nature wants us to be mediocre because we have a greater chance to survive and reproduce. Mediocre is as close to the bottom as it is to the top, and will give you a lousy life.
•lululemon athletica creates components for people to live longer, healthier and more fun lives. If we can produce products to keep people active and stress-free, we believe the world will become a much better place.
•Do not use cleaning chemicals on your kitchen counters. Someone will inevitably make a sandwich on your counter.
•SWEAT once a day to regenerate your skin.
•Communication is COMPLICATED. We are all raised in a different family with slightly different definitions of every word. An agreement is an agreement only if each party knows the conditions for satisfaction and a time is set for satisfaction to occur.
•What we do to the earth we do to ourselves.
•The pursuit of happiness is the source of all unhappiness.

http://shop.lululemon.com/help.html

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this one is rather creepy:

"Children are the orgasm of life. Just like you did not know what an orgasm was before you had one, nature does not let you know how great children are until you actually have them.”

and not quite as disturbing, but disturbing nonetheless:

When asked why the name "Lululemon" he (Chip Wilson, founder) "jokingly" answered that it was because it was funny to hear Japanese people try to pronounce it.

http://open.salon.com/blog/firedforn...re_than_before

and yet another controversy the company was involved in:

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/200...-olympics.html

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Their clothes are expensive - even on sale. This is the story of their logo: "The lululemon name and logo was created by lululemon founder Chip Wilson. The stylized "A" logo which appears on lululemon clothing has had its share of interesting interpretations: from a girl's flip hair-do to sensual parts of a ************ (that's for you to guess!). The "A" originally stood for the first letter in "Athletically Hip". Athletically Hip was one of 20 names originally proposed to the original design team. The original design team like the stylized "A" but they preferred the name "lululemon"."
manifesto_en.jpg
the lululemon manifesto •Drink FRESH water and as much water as you can. Water flushes unwanted toxins from your body and keeps your brain sharp. •A daily hit of athletic-induced endorphins gives you the power to make better decisions, helps you be at peace with yourself, and offsets stress. •Do one thing a day that scares you. •Listen, listen, listen, and then ask strategic questions. •Write down your short and long-term GOALS four times a year. Two personal, two business and two health goals for the next 1, 5 and 10 years. Goal setting triggers your subconscious computer. •Life is full of setbacks. Success is determined by how you handle setbacks. •Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself. •That which matters the most should never give way to that which matters the least. •Stress is related to 99% of all illness. •Jealousy works the opposite way you want it to. •The world is changing at such a rapid rate that waiting to implement changes will leave you 2 steps behind. DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW! •Friends are more important than money. •Breathe deeply and appreciate the moment. Living in the moment could be the meaning of life. •Take various vitamins. You never know what small mineral can eliminate the bottleneck to everlasting health. •Don’t trust that an old age pension will be sufficient. •Visualize your eventual demise. It can have an amazing effect on how you live for the moment. •The conscious brain can only hold one thought at a time. Choose a positive thought. •Live near the ocean and inhale the pure salt air that flows over the water, Vancouver will do nicely. •Observe a plant before and after watering and relate these benefits to your body and brain. •Practice yoga so you can remain active in physical sports as you age. •Dance, sing, floss and travel. •Children are the orgasm of life. Just like you did not know what an orgasm was before you had one, nature does not let you know how great children are until you have them. •Successful people replace the words “wish”, “should” and “try” with “I will”. •Creativity is maximized when you’re living in the moment. •Nature wants us to be mediocre because we have a greater chance to survive and reproduce. Mediocre is as close to the bottom as it is to the top, and will give you a lousy life. •lululemon athletica creates components for people to live longer, healthier and more fun lives. If we can produce products to keep people active and stress-free, we believe the world will become a much better place. •Do not use cleaning chemicals on your kitchen counters. Someone will inevitably make a sandwich on your counter. •SWEAT once a day to regenerate your skin. •Communication is COMPLICATED. We are all raised in a different family with slightly different definitions of every word. An agreement is an agreement only if each party knows the conditions for satisfaction and a time is set for satisfaction to occur. •What we do to the earth we do to ourselves. •The pursuit of happiness is the source of all unhappiness. http://shop.lululemon.com/help.html

Wait a minute... First buy Chips crappy clothes. Then Chip will tell you how to live your life? What? Kids are the orgasm of life? What's next....worship Chip? Annoint Chip's head? Do we choose which head, or does Chip? I'm now a firm believer in my own conspiracy theory about him and his cultish brand. This is better than anything Marvel Comics could come up with.
ffffuuuu.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Wait a minute...
First buy Chips crappy clothes.
Then Chip will tell you how to live your life?
What? Kids are the orgasm of life?
What's next....worship Chip? Annoint Chip's head? Do we choose which head, or does Chip?
I'm now a firm believer in my own conspiracy theory about him and his cultish brand.
This is better than anything Marvel Comics could come up with.
ffffuuuu.gif

yup they even spraypainted "cult" and other graffiti on their own store windows!

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/200...-olympics.html

and I just figured out what this is:

lululemon-logo-150.gif

IT'S A VULVA AND CERVIX!!!!!!!!!!!!
ffffuuuu.gif

Hackett

Reaction score
gossamer.jpg

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well I hear ya, actually there are a ton of womenz who would go for taht sort of thing. If you're a real heavy sweaty gorilla who's actually pumping iron, then yeah, get underarmour. If you're one of the nuveau workout guys, ie yoga, cardio, light weights, soy mochachino, type, and you're looking for fitness bunnies, then this stuff works like a charm, no joke.

I completely disagree. I mostly do heavy lifting with some moderate cardio and this stuff is great for it. The shirts are moderately fitted with complimentary cuts. And the shorts are very comfortable and provide a great range of motion.

And by heavy, I mean heavy. My current bench press is a 5x5 @ 355. (to establish my credentials)

The underarmour stuff is a joke (at least the stuff I see). It is way too fitted and looks ridiculous on most people. I can't think of the last time I saw someone wearing it who actually should have been. Its almost always some skinny guy who thinks something super fitted makes him look jacked or some fat dude who thinks his pudge somehow looks like muscle if the shirt constricts him enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads