• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lounge Music

sydneycentric

Reaction score
For all the lounge music fans out there,

Looking to expand my collection of lounge music. So far I have Plush, More Plush, Liquid Lounge, Sex Lounge (Vol I & II), Buddha Lounge. Anyone else no of any other good albums which have a jazzy ambient sort of vibe to it? I like the sound of the Erotic Lounge series which will probably be my next purchase.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I use Hotel Costes for both my sex and friend parties.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a set of CDs called Easy Tempo that is a compilation of '60s and '70s Italian movie soundtracks. Good for swingers and men who wear velvet.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
There is a set of CDs called Easy Tempo that is a compilation of '60s and '70s Italian movie soundtracks. Good for swingers and men who wear velvet.

Dunno about the CDs, but the record albums also come with nice cover art, and often a poster insert...
20080701-1.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
Dunno about the CDs, but the record albums also come with nice cover art, and often a poster insert...
20080701-1.jpg

LPs always have the better accessories.

Colette has done a series of CDs that often have lounge music such as Nouvelle Vague, etc. Stereo Total is another band in that vein.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
LPs always have the better accessories.

Colette has done a series of CDs that often have lounge music such as Nouvelle Vague, etc. Stereo Total is another band in that vein.

At the next SF meetup - we should go someplace where you can spin records.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stuff along these lines, but with a slightly wider scope, free to d/l Proof of Payment The Ballad of Maria Bartiromo Sidecar Selections Springtime in the Sierras Addendum: Of the Easy Tempo series my favorite is vol. 6. In addition, two others under the Easy Tempo banner are "Easy Tempo Experience" releases: Third Dimension and A New Cinematic Perspective in which classic stuff from the 60s and 70s is remixed and re-interpreted by contemporary artists and producers. There's a gold mine over at Movie Grooves and Dusty Groove America

tlmusic

Reaction score
How about Esquivel?

Martin Denny's Exotica Albums?

I listen to this stuff on L.P.

For really interesting 1960's lounge music check out the instrumental bossa nova albums Eumir Deodato made in Brazil. They are not exactly like the other Brazilain music of their time, and they have an edge to the sound that no North American record has. Fortunately, the albums have been reissued--the originals are impossible to find.

Lounge '64 is great:

http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?...p&refQ=cat%3D2

flashkobalt

Reaction score
Richard Cheese
biggrin.gif

sydneycentric

Reaction score
Which album from Thievery Corporation is the best one? The Mirror Conspiracy seems pretty good?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd start out with The Mirror Conspiracy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads