• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Los Angeles Meetup: long overdue?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, we were talking about it in the ambassador thread. It might be a good idea to not feel overdressed once in a lifetime, so how about a SF LA meeting?

We could do the Tim Burton exhibition if everyone's up for it and then have drinks/dinner/DUI tickets at some place nice. In any case, I'm open to any ideas as I'm sure others are too.

I suggest an approximate date of 2 weeks from now, which would be July 30th on Saturday. Would there be enough interest on the MC side for this to happen?

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crickets.

Maybe its because no one was in their cars this weekend.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, we don't have to go there. I really don't care where to go, just presenting an idea. The lack of enthusiasm is not surprising. I don't see many well-dressed people in LA.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be heading into Irvine through LA that day for an 8PM show. If the meeting time fits, I'd be up for it.

--Andre

coolshoes

Reaction score
I'm mildly surprised this thread even got started. Where can you actually buy decent clothing in Los Angeles anymore?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We'd be more than happy to host a "pre-game" meet up if you guys are interested. Just let me know.

:cheers:
(replace beers with scotch above)

Last edited:

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, jeesh- now that was an offer from heaven.

If the LA crew can't pull together a get together with that, you'll be officially in the same boat as LA-NFL: every decade or so we'll wonder why not.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll be in LA the first week in August if you happen to meet up up during the week. Going to stop by Leather Soul at some point regardless.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a great offer! Let's do this, guys! I've been wanting to stop by Leather Soul for a while anyway.

I could offer some nice places for dinner, but I'd love to hear other people speak up. I need to expand my horizons. :D

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll be in LA the first week in August if you happen to meet up up during the week. Going to stop by Leather Soul at some point regardless.
So, July 30th doesn't work for you? We could move it a week, I'm not specific about the dates. What's the best way to figure out the date? Set up a poll?

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Banderas in Brentwood?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads