• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

looking for some screenplay help/advice

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
so I've come up with an idea that I think would make a really good movie and just wondering where to go from here

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
so I've come up with an idea that I think would make a really good movie and just wondering where to go from here

PM Manton

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
well, its actually a political thriller/action movie so manton could probably be useful...

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, its actually a political thriller/action movie so manton could probably be useful...

Exactly

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
you better have at least 3 plot twists in there and make the subplot semi-complicated.

lol? there are no plot twists. I don't want to give too much away, but its a political trhiller (like the hunt for red october) about a squad of special soldiers sent into iraq during the war with kuwait and before the US launched desert storm 1

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Create a logline and post it here. If it can withstand the scrutiny of SF it may have a shot in HW.

A logline consists of three major elements:

the character
his goal
the antagonistic force

A psychologist struggles to cure a troubled boy who is haunted by a bizarre affliction - he sees dead people.

After a series of grisly shark attacks, a sheriff struggles to protect his small beach community against the bloodthirsty monster, in spite of the greedy chamber of commerce.

After learning his father was murdered, a brooding prince struggles with whether or not to kill the culprit, his uncle - the new king.

After they are wrongfully accused of murder, a street gang struggles to get back to their home turf - as every rival gang in the city pursues them.

After a luxury liner is capsized by a tidal wave, a group of survivors struggles to escape through the bow before the ship sinks.

lefty

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Create a logline and post it here. If it can withstand the scrutiny of SF it may have a shot in HW.

A logline consists of three major elements:

the character
his goal
the antagonistic force

A psychologist struggles to cure a troubled boy who is haunted by a bizarre affliction - he sees dead people.

After a series of grisly shark attacks, a sheriff struggles to protect his small beach community against the bloodthirsty monster, in spite of the greedy chamber of commerce.

After learning his father was murdered, a brooding prince struggles with whether or not to kill the culprit, his uncle - the new king.

After they are wrongfully accused of murder, a street gang struggles to get back to their home turf - as every rival gang in the city pursues them.

After a luxury liner is capsized by a tidal wave, a group of survivors struggles to escape through the bow before the ship sinks.

lefty

ok, I'll give it a shot

hopefully nobody steals my ideas

main characters:

buck johnson - a former rodeo rider, recruited by the Human Offensive Military Operation
cleveland jones - commander of the squad.. rough and tumble vietnam veteran, typical 'military badass'
steve richards - CIA intelligence expert who comes up with the mission plan, has been disgraced lately and needs the mission to succeed.

there will also be your generic angry generals/admirals who shoot down all the plans, etc

The premise of the movie is that following intelligence reports that there are rising religious and political tensions between the Islamic Clerics and the Iraqi military leadership, a CIA intelligence expert comes up with a plan to insert a special squad of soldiers to play off these tensions and help destabilize the command structure prior to the start of US military action during the first Gulf War. They recruit a special squad (think the recruitment scenes of Armageddon) of skilled homosexuals who will seduce, and then out the Iraqi military leadership.

Working title is "Faster Than the Speed of Love"

what do you think? I think the tone will be a homage to 80s action movies, very cheesy and goofy, yet with moments of genuine tension

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
300g667434.gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We who are, The Village Green Pink Dolphin Society, approve your efforts. But are unlikely to fund them. Unless we can strike a deal with Falcon Studios.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually writing 2 screen plays right now. Pretending you are serious, the first thing I would do is read as many good scripts that have actually been made that you can get your hands on. A lot are online. I would read the scripts and watch the movie as I'm reading them. It really gives you a lot of insight into how a good script is written, and how the director translates that into a film. I have a family member who worked as a studio exec for many years, and I'm hoping I can write something that interests him enough so he can give it to the right people, because it's my passion and dream career. Also, as a first time writer, I would write something low budget unless you have a stellar idea or a really good connection.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Genius. Make sure I get my jeans by Friday and I'll pass it on.

lefty

what do you think of the title? I originally wanted to call it 'Combat Bravery'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads