• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Longevity of Arrow crepe sole

chris3

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at getting some Arrow 2 eye Moccasins from Oi Polloi but I was wondering how long the crepe sole would last. I do not want to spend £180 on a pair of moccasins for them to fall apart in a few months.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Longevity on anything is determined by how frequently you use it and how you take care of it. If it will be your only shoe, your investment will be shot. Crepe soled shoes can be resoled so when they get to that point when they need it, do it. I'm sure Arrow has a resoling offering but your local cobbler can help you.

chris3

Reaction score
Obviously, I was just wondering about the durabilty from someone who has a pair. Is it going to last over 10 wears or over 100 wears? It was also my understanding that arrow moccasins with crepe soles cannot be resoled.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
as far as i know arrow doesnt resole the crepe soles. and £180 is ridiculous price if you live in the US. even outside of US it's way too much. if they dont ship internationally get a proxy (i could even do it) but their phone/internet orders take a bit as it's all hand made upon request. much less time than quoddy orders for sure though

oh and the sole has lasted all fall/winter walking on snow and concrete, a coating of snoseal on the leather and good to go.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
You are right, Arrows can't be resoled. Mainly because they aren't welted.

But from what I have heard, they are pretty hard wearing. And the price is crazy, yet they always sell out very fast.

Unfortunately there are no Arrow stockits in the EU or UK. Although I do remember seeing some in a shop in Denmark called WoodWood. They only had a couple of pairs, and all smaller than my feet.

garmis

Reaction score
I have a pair of arrow boots with crepe soles and wear them all over town. They are holding up quite nicely, and are easily my favorite shoes.

escarole

Reaction score
pretty cool shoes, and probably only worth what they cost in the US (ie. $120 or so). i have a pair and wear them only occasionally, and they have held up pretty well. no complaints, other than the crepe soles get and look dirty as ****, which is true of all crepe soles. i'm reluctant to wear them now for this reason but i don't fault arrow as their quality is fine.

garmis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by escarole
pretty cool shoes, and probably only worth what they cost in the US (ie. $120 or so). i have a pair and wear them only occasionally, and they have held up pretty well. no complaints, other than the crepe soles get and look dirty as ****, which is true of all crepe soles. i'm reluctant to wear them now for this reason but i don't fault arrow as their quality is fine.

disagree. I paid $140 for my boots, I think they are easily worth twice that. A solid month of wear and these still look brand new except for the soiled crepe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads