• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lightweight summer trousers

CottonTownBoy

Reaction score
As a Northerner, I second the above OliverK19 recommendation for Spencer's Trousers in West Yorkshire.
I've used them a few times now and they are bulletproof in terms of fabric and construction.
If you look on their website they list the available fabrics but these are their stock fabrics. They also have lots of small roll ends built up over the years, so if you wanted a certain colour that wasn't of their website then contact them and ask if they have it. There's a good chance they might or may have something close. Made by people who know how to make trousers.
12oz Mid to heavy weight linens are my choice for our summers in the UK, as they can be dressed up or down. A few years ago Hackett did a few run of Linen trousers in a good Irish linen, as I've bought two pairs from Ebay and they are outstanding and I expect them to last me quite a few years.

Oliverk19

Reaction score
As a Northerner, I second the above OliverK19 recommendation for Spencer's Trousers in West Yorkshire.
I've used them a few times now and they are bulletproof in terms of fabric and construction.
If you look on their website they list the available fabrics but these are their stock fabrics. They also have lots of small roll ends built up over the years, so if you wanted a certain colour that wasn't of their website then contact them and ask if they have it. There's a good chance they might or may have something close. Made by people who know how to make trousers.
12oz Mid to heavy weight linens are my choice for our summers in the UK, as they can be dressed up or down. A few years ago Hackett did a few run of Linen trousers in a good Irish linen, as I've bought two pairs from Ebay and they are outstanding and I expect them to last me quite a few years.
Spencer’s do a damn good job and we really should support British factories when they are that reasonable! They also offer some of the best customer service I have received over the years, they have my measurements on file and have adjusted them when needed. As for the lead time, it bonkers they can get them to you so fast. Of course in the same sentence we have to mention Brisbane moss and the Irish linen mills. Part of why Spencer’s are so indestructible is the Brisbane moss fabric. As for the Irish linen it’s the most durable and not at all see through Another cool company worth a look is post romantic shirts. From what I can gather they can copy shirts designs from photos and the prices are insanely low. They have a series of tailors working independently in their own workshops in Pakistan making the clothes up for them and then shipping them globally

moltoelegante

Reaction score
In terms of creasing cotton chinos crease terribly so I never understood the problem with linen.

Totally agree. I find wool more comfortable and more elegant/beautiful than chinos in cooler weather, and topical wool or linen are more breathable in summer. Nor surprisingly I don't own chinos :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads