• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 514, raw

base1001

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ino
heres some detail pics..
picture001bv1.jpg

my stitching is different, its straight, doesn't look as good, just goes straight down side, no crossing. hmm.
plain.gif

do you have your upc levi's color number tag thing. 00514????

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I just gave my pair to my friend and told him never to wash them, only dryclean if needed. Just don't have room for them while I'm breaking in these Lee 101z's! The color was cool though.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, ya'll, I stopped by Macy's in Herald Square NYC and the Levi's section had the raw-ish 514's that were sold out at the Levi's store earlier last month. $48.

I'll bet they aren't "raw" per se, but they are very dark, unwashed, undistressed jeans. I love this cut so of course I grabbed a pair. I don't like the LVC cuts and I'm not too into the Capital E jeans, so I wanted to break in an undistressed pair of Levi's and I found the perfect ones.

There's something special about a self-worn pair of Levi's, very classic, with the arcuate broken from stress and a wallet fade in the back. We'll see how these wear.

StuckOnMe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by base1001
regarding the quality of the 514 denim, i have seen the "vault" 501s for hundreds of dollars and new 501s on sale for $35. why would the denim be that much better than the 514s when bought new? or is it all the wear that were paying for with the vintage 501s? i'm assuming levi's is using better denim in these replicas, thats all i can think of though. what does, "made from red selvage denim" mean? made from red tab selvage?

i'm a noob
confused.gif

BIG difference in the quality...even just from the premium/capital E down to the standard 514 and 501s. LVC>Cap E>Standard in quality.

IGF-1

Reaction score
anyone actually picked up the tumbled rigid? macys.com has them for $30, there's no more rigid scraped. if i've read this thread correctly, the tumbled rigid are also raw denim, no?

whatuknowaboutthat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IGF-1
anyone actually picked up the tumbled rigid? macys.com has them for $30, there's no more rigid scraped. if i've read this thread correctly, the tumbled rigid are also raw denim, no?

tumbled rigid = soft rigid. any other "rigid" such as scraped or whatever is not rigid. in fact tumbled/soft rigid isn't rigid either, its more like a one rinse if anything

cowlick

Reaction score
Just thought I'd add a couple pics to this "herpes-like" thread.

Comparing the "rigid scraped" against another pair of Red 514's I had that came pre-distressed:
2086320216_213e150515.jpg

Why the pre-distressed pair had cuff-wear... fake selvedge!
2085536989_eda5aa0532.jpg

go0b3r

Reaction score
I really like the look of these jeans.
Do you guys know if they're still selling them?
I just wanted to know cause this thread seems a little dead.

Unit 91

Reaction score
Slim Straight 514s I bought today at the local Levis outlet. I think they're just the regular Levis but they're not bad. Run big as I had to buy one size down. Fit really well.

go0b3r

Reaction score
Are the tumble rigid 514s raw denim?

Edit: Can anyone else recommend some raw denim in a similar price range to these?

mejoshua

Reaction score
They should be raw or at the very least a one wash. I don't have a pair so don't take my word for it. However, I am wearing the soft rigid 511s and when I received them they felt and smelled like raw denim. I suggest that you go to your local department store with 514s in stock and try some on and order the tumbled rigid version online. Make sure the ones you try on are one hundred percent cotton since I've read they're a bit slimmer than the ones with spandex. And as for other cheap raw denim, I doubt you'll find anything else good at that price point. The only brands with raw denim close to that price point that come to mind are Cheap Monday and BDG.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads