• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Hey guys, how does the v neck sweater? Would it be too big if I size up?
I have it in the brown shetland wool, fits really nice and boxy. Going up a size it will probably be quite oversized and long in the sleeves. It could work but the only thing is it is kind of thick and structured so I’m not sure how well it would sit. I took XL which is my normal size and it fits perfect.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Keep in mind there were two vnecks this (past) season and they’re different fits
there was the Shetland which was at a lot of stores, and then the “tweed” which was in a soft pink or brown/grey.
I only remember seeing the tweed at Neighbour and the Lemaire shop.
I wish i bought the tweed when XLs were available.

superpotato

Reaction score
Keep in mind there were two vnecks this (past) season and they’re different fits
there was the Shetland which was at a lot of stores, and then the “tweed” which was in a soft pink or brown/grey.
I only remember seeing the tweed at Neighbour and the Lemaire shop.
I wish i bought the tweed when XLs were available.

Yea I'm talking about the tweed one at Neighbour haha...the colour is so nice and i missed out the medium so i want to see if a large would fit.

@coled_and_alone thanks for the info

RGJ

Reaction score
I have the tweed v-neck in pink, and it fits TTS--close-ish in the body with a longer/loose sleeve. But with the dropped shoulder and slouchy sleeve you might be able to get away with sizing up. Would likely look pretty oversized, tho, I'm guessing? (The knit is lovely: sturdy and warm.)

superpotato

Reaction score
I have the tweed v-neck in pink, and it fits TTS--close-ish in the body with a longer/loose sleeve. But with the dropped shoulder and slouchy sleeve you might be able to get away with sizing up. Would likely look pretty oversized, tho, I'm guessing? (The knit is lovely: sturdy and warm.)

thanks for the info...how heavy does it feel

RGJ

Reaction score
It's more substantial than the Lemaire lambswool sweaters, I'd say. (I don't have any of those from this season, but I have couple from last year.) Not outrageously or uncomfortably so--but definitely warm and with a sturdy hand. A fall/winter kind of sweater, for sure.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RGJ

Reaction score
Anyone know about sizing for the FW military pants? Am wondering if I should size down or buy TTS.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Has anyone have experience with these boots? How's the leather? Thanks! lemai3020336018_q6_2-0._UX357_QL90_.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know about sizing for the FW military pants? Am wondering if I should size down or buy TTS.
the waist is large, but you’re supposed to cinch the waist. You *could* size down, and if you’re between sizes then you probably should size down.

RGJ

Reaction score
the waist is large, but you’re supposed to cinch the waist. You *could* size down, and if you’re between sizes then you probably should size down.
Thanks! SSENSE is sold out of my size, but they have a smaller pair on sale, so I’m debating taking the chance.

kg51

Reaction score
Has anyone have experience with these boots? How's the leather? Thanks! View attachment 1549954
They're overpriced for the quality. I purchased them and then had to returned them because the pull tab tore the leather that it was attached to when I was putting them on...it looked rather poorly constructed, since the pull tab was glued to the leather and wasn't reinforced very well. Maybe that wouldn't bother you, but I also don't think the leather quality is exceptional. Rather disappointed. That being said, the styling is on point and they look great on foot!

cafedandy

Reaction score
They're overpriced for the quality. I purchased them and then had to returned them because the pull tab tore the leather that it was attached to when I was putting them on...it looked rather poorly constructed, since the pull tab was glued to the leather and wasn't reinforced very well. Maybe that wouldn't bother you, but I also don't think the leather quality is exceptional. Rather disappointed. That being said, the styling is on point and they look great on foot!
Oh my, thanks for this review, maybe that's why they're still on sale on a lot of online stores. But indeed the styling is good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads