• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 zips will fit his arms, albeit very tightly at first.

Ya but then you get that maternity dress effect. Tight chest and arms, billowy bottom half. Also he said he wants to get bigger.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya but then you get that maternity dress effect. Tight chest and arms, billowy bottom half. Also he said he wants to get bigger.

If the bottom half "billows" you're too fat for the cut. Even if you size up it would fall close to your lower torso. His prob will be the upper chest/back across the upper/mid traps cuz that's the most restrictive part of a 5zip. Shoulders and arms look like they will fit fine.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If i were to have 1.5-3k to spend on a leather jacket, what brands should i look at? The two i know of are Fine Creek and Addict Clothing..., any other similar brands?

if I had $3k to spend on a leather jacket I would try to find one of the Rick Owens violet horse mollinos from a few years back, or something from CCP or ierib, but I'm blessed with relatively scrawny arms.

happyriverz

Reaction score
to take a break from hardcore horse leather and getting swole, here are a couple of women's leather long coats -- all worn open as @dieworkwear commands. I really like these relatively simple shapes.

Current season Lemaire:

lemaire-black-suede-jacket.jpg

Current season Rick Owens

rick-owens-off-white-lambskin-mountain-coat.jpg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lets crowd source his 5 zip, size 52, for science.

Nader393

Reaction score
I had too many black jackets. So a few months ago, I bought up some brown jackets to balance it. Here are a couple of older Vanson Enfields, I think. Maybe from the '80's or '90's, because the newer ones have only a single chest pocket. I like the combination of regular collar, action back, zippered cuffs, and buckled waist. I prefer the second one.

IMG_6525.jpg
IMG_6527.jpg
IMG_6537.jpg
IMG_6538.jpg

Maxwellll

Reaction score
A leather varsity maybe, some of the fits from Schott NYC or AMI Paris might fit the stacked guy on previous page no?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Feel like custom is the only option if you have that muscular of a bulid.

Atelier Savas does custom jackets. When I inquired a few years ago, their bespoke prices was very, very expensive (like $6k, iirc). Now they have a MTM program. I don't know how much it costs, but it'll be a lot cheaper than bespoke. But this also depends on whether you can fit within the ballpark of their block patterns.

Depending on where you're located, they do trunk shows.

PME Legend

Reaction score
to take a break from hardcore horse leather and getting swole, here are a couple of women's leather long coats -- all worn open as @dieworkwear commands. I really like these relatively simple shapes.

Current season Lemaire:

lemaire-black-suede-jacket.jpg

Current season Rick Owens

rick-owens-off-white-lambskin-mountain-coat.jpg
These both look like a huge piece of cloth to me, not appealing at all. Only in my opinion..

PME Legend

Reaction score
I had too many black jackets. So a few months ago, I bought up some brown jackets to balance it. Here are a couple of older Vanson Enfields, I think. Maybe from the '80's or '90's, because the newer ones have only a single chest pocket. I like the combination of regular collar, action back, zippered cuffs, and buckled waist. I prefer the second one.

View attachment 1339923 View attachment 1339925 View attachment 1339927 View attachment 1339930
Nice land cruiser!

Lem87

Reaction score

View attachment 1339923 View attachment 1339925 View attachment 1339927 View attachment 1339930
Damn that brown one has aged nicely!

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My advice: Don't get bigger.

This, but not for the sake of copping jawnz. Don't get bigger because it's fun now but you pay for it down the line. I had a not-that-big 400 lb deadlift at 20. At 25 I had to get injections into my ligaments around my spine and hips to be able to walk 15 minutes without pain.

If what you want from life is to take up a lot of room while you stay in one place, go for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads