• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off to Self Edge in SF to try on some jackets today and post pics for feedback. A few things first, though...

I’m truly thankful to @kiya for his act of kindness. Within short order of my post, he just went and offered a leather jacket at the store’s cost, which speaks volumes about him as a person.

Second, I want to thank @LA Guy for fronting the cost of the jacket on his dime. Again, prompted only by his own well-wishes.

And then @dieworkwear who behind my back went and started a GoFundMe page to cover the cost of my broken window. He gathered a few StyFo dudes and each gave motivated by generosity.

None of these gestures were necessary or expected, and I am truly grateful to be a part of a community that, every now and again, reflects the best side of mob mentality.

You guys rule.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the picture is definitely misleading. I had a pump and it was perfect lighting. I have a very similar build to @penanceroyaltea when you’re lean you just look a lot bigger. My chest is only 42 or something and my shoulders are 20”? I have a size 30-31 waist.
I typically fit in size 3-4 Japanese brands pretty comfortably
I don't understand. I am a 40-41 chest, and a size 5 in Blackmeans is quite fitted on me through the shoulders, back and chest, And my drop is only a 7 these days. How do fit into a size 3-4 in most Japanese brands? This is a physics problem.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off to Self Edge in SF to try on some jackets today and post pics for feedback. A few things first, though...

I’m truly thankful to @kiya for his act of kindness. Within short order of my post, he just went and offered a leather jacket at the store’s cost, which speaks volumes about him as a person.

Second, I want to thank @LA Guy for fronting the cost of the jacket on his dime. Again, prompted only by his own well-wishes.

And then @dieworkwear who behind my back went and started a GoFundMe page to cover the cost of my broken window. He gathered a few StyFo dudes and each gave motivated by generosity.

None of these gestures were necessary or expected, and I am truly grateful to be a part of a community that, every now and again, reflects the best side of mob mentality.

You guys rule.
I am pumped for the fit pics LET'S GO!!!!!

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitively the best thread on styfo. Something for everyone.

Lem87

Reaction score
I don't understand. I am a 40-41 chest, and a size 5 in Blackmeans is quite fitted on me through the shoulders, back and chest, And my drop is only a 7 these days. How do fit into a size 3-4 in most Japanese brands? This is a physics problem.
He probably wouldn't look any different than I do if he was wearing my brown jacket. My guess is you all are thinking hes taller and heavier than he actually is.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys rule.
Saw the latest fine creek in the newer brown color yesterday in NYC, very nice

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is gonna sound awfully ridiculous, but I just can’t get past the 1k for a m2m leather jacket... it sounds awfully cheap. I know that’s crazy for me to say, but I feel like a nice leather jacket is a statement piece.

They don’t really carry a lot of overhead and their marketing is pretty minimal as well compared to other companies. They basically have day jobs apart from that company. But Falcon Garments is the real deal, I have a Margiela A2 from one of the earlier seasons and the Falcon is definitely a better leather in terms of the quality of leather. They have different options by Horween at a higher cost from teacore steer to a variety of cowhides. You basically choose on the thickness of leather.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You guys rule.

So jacket and window costs were fully covered?

damn that’s awesome

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Custom Leather Jacket - Commissioned
LIAM3.jpg
LIAM2.jpg
LIAM5.jpg
LIAM1.jpg
LIAM4.jpg

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've never owned Blackmeans, but for what I've owned, I am a size 3/4. In TSS im in between a 3 and 4. in EG im a medium. In most western brands im between a medium and large depending on the brand. I have a kapital denim jacket in size 44 (not sure what that size means, but its a little tight in arms and chest.)

He probably wouldn't look any different than I do if he was wearing my brown jacket. My guess is you all are thinking hes taller and heavier than he actually is.

Correct. I'm only 5'9 and 175Ibs. I'm by no means a 6ft 220Ib monster. Chest = 42" Shoulders= 20" across Biceps = 17" waist = 30.5~"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads