• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vickt

Reaction score
good jacket, good fit

did you try on the Leon No Star they had?

Tj showed it to me and determined I’d be a 42. The Edward runs a bit larger so I’m a 40. Didn’t actually try it on though, bought online.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If i were to have 1.5-3k to spend on a leather jacket, what brands should i look at? The two i know of are Fine Creek and Addict Clothing..., any other similar brands?

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If i were to have 1.5-3k to spend on a leather jacket, what brands should i look at? The two i know of are Fine Creek and Addict Clothing..., any other similar brands?
Aero comes to mind as something that would run under $1k and is a really great option. Iron Heart and James Grose come to mind as well

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

1. FCL - can vouch leather is nice
  2. 316 x Schott collaborations - great bang for buck just think of schott with upgraded leathers
  3. Iron Heart - solid, good fit, great construction
  4. James Gorse - leather was on the thin side for me and felt dry
  5. Addict - didn't like them, leather didn't feel substantial and cut was not great
  6. aero - need to explore them at some point but most folks are happy
  7. vanson - another brand thats reasonably priced and praised for their quality see https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...youve-seen-owned.71625/page-1552#post-9701794
  8. The real mccoys - repro brand, people praise them and they use shinki horse hide
  9. Himel bros - https://himelbros.com/collections/men
  10. goodwear - http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/index.html
  11. lost worlds - http://www.lostworldsinc.com

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fine creek leathers leon in an exclusive brown leather at self edge. looks pretty nice

View attachment 1316546

is this jacket available still?

margiela 5 zip

vintage leather repros are dumb

you think margiela 5zip would go with a bunch of different ****? Never thought about it.

I would be mostly wearing it in spring with a t-shirt , jeans (orslow), and different vibergs. Occasionally with a sweater underneath.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Depends on the look you want to create. Leather is just a material, like wool or cotton. And while the jacket styles are somewhat constrained for men -- like the cafe racer, DR, bomber jackets, etc -- they can be remixed in various ways. Fine Creek and Addict are heavier leathers that are generally good for a more rugged look. If you want a softer, dressier look, they may not be for you. The type of leather, including the color, grain, animal, and weight, can affect how a jacket looks. So can the silhouette and subtle design details.

It's easier to think of this in terms of what kind of look you want to create, rather than "what's the best leather." Best is going to depend on the aesthetic.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the look you want to create. Leather is just a material, like wool or cotton. And while the jacket styles are somewhat constrained for men -- like the cafe racer, DR, bomber jackets, etc -- they can be remixed in various ways. Fine Creek and Addict are heavier leathers that are generally good for a more rugged look. If you want a softer, dressier look, they may not be for you. The type of leather, including the color, grain, animal, and weight, can affect how a jacket looks. So can the silhouette and subtle design details.

It's easier to think of this in terms of what kind of look you want to create, rather than "what's the best leather." Best is going to depend on the aesthetic.

I am looking for a DR or Cafe Racer. Something I can wear in the Spring/Fall/Winter. I don't really have any idea on different types of leather... Like I said I would most likely wear it with a t-shirt (sunspel), jeans orslow 107s and viberg service boots/side zips/chelseas. I want the jacket to look more so like a fashion jacket and not a biker jacket. The quality needs to be the best possible especially since I would be spending so much. It also needs to look like its worth $$$, cus I don't want to spend that much on a jacket that looks like a few hundred $ jacket.

I do wear jewelry (Rolex Submariner, Neff Goldsmith Ring, Good Art Hollywood Model 10 Bracelet, Neff Goldsmith Axe Pendant Chain, and Good Art Curb chain). Not sure if jewelry will affect what style jacket I should go for...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads