• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
Just bought a crewneck sweater this week. Waiting on the merino wool one-pleat restock to match my traveler jacket.
Oh man. I was already looking at the traveler, bummed it wasn't at the Oakland trunk show. I own the pants, and I didn't realize they are in the same fabric… now I'm tempted.

Reaction score
I was able to attend the Division Road Fall Residency. Had a great time chatting with Najib from DBF and got a sneak peak at some pieces from an upcoming capsule. Some beautiful moleskin shirts, corduroy overshirts, and sweaters in the capsule, among others. The Green Grandad Coat was available as well and it’s something else. Such a beautiful coat!

zranger102797

Reaction score
I also attended the Division Road Fall Residency today and learned a lot from Najib. Pictured here is the cable knit in blueberry that I foolishly passed on in store, regretted as soon as I got home, and promptly ordered off the DBF website. Luckily, the DBF site had one last medium in stock!
Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 6.10.14 PM.png

De Bonne Facture

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi ! This is Deborah writing from the general DBF Styleforum account. Our price policy regarding US sales should have been in line with the USD prices you can get from our retailers. As they buy Ex-Works and have to add taxes and duties to import our garments, for our direct sales to be fair competition with them and have a globalized price policy, we had to increase prices before tax by 20% so that this will be in line with the USD prices you can find at our vendors in the domestic market. The fact that we hadn't done this before was creating tension with our retailers over their legitimate concerns this was unfair competition. in the future we are hoping to have a feature on our website that will just give you landed USD prices so that everything will be consistent. Thanks for supporting us, our direct sales, and our USA vendors. My best.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi ! This is Deborah writing from the general DBF Styleforum account. Our price policy regarding US sales should have been in line with the USD prices you can get from our retailers. As they buy Ex-Works and have to add taxes and duties to import our garments, for our direct sales to be fair competition with them and have a globalized price policy, we had to increase prices before tax by 20% so that this will be in line with the USD prices you can find at our vendors in the domestic market. The fact that we hadn't done this before was creating tension with our retailers over their legitimate concerns this was unfair competition. in the future we are hoping to have a feature on our website that will just give you landed USD prices so that everything will be consistent. Thanks for supporting us, our direct sales, and our USA vendors. My best.
Makes perfect sense and I thought this was the reason you added the 20%. Thanks for the explanation.

zranger102797

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened here? I was trying to tie the belt on my Grandad and the seam popped and now it’s bunching oddly. Is this just a pretty easy fix at the tailor? Sorry for the ignorance.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpeg
    IMG_0352.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 129

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened here? I was trying to tie the belt on my Grandad and the seam popped and now it’s bunching oddly. Is this just a pretty easy fix at the tailor? Sorry for the ignorance.
The seam is probably easy to fix but do you have an idea what happened inside causing the bunching problem?

zranger102797

Reaction score
The seam is probably easy to fix but do you have an idea what happened inside causing the bunching problem?
I think the liner just got caught. Will try to mend the seam this weekend.

On a separate note, does anyone have insight on how the Hiking Trousers fit? I’m right between a 48 and a 50 measurement wise and can’t decide which to opt for.

Reaction score
I think the liner just got caught. Will try to mend the seam this weekend.

On a separate note, does anyone have insight on how the Hiking Trousers fit? I’m right between a 48 and a 50 measurement wise and can’t decide which to opt for.
I typically look for a waist measurement around 33” and I wear a 48 in the Hiking Trousers. I’m pretty consistent in size 48 in all my DBF pants. I recently tried on the Balloon Trousers in a 48 though and those were a little snug. The 50 was a little big though so I’m between sizes in those.

zranger102797

Reaction score
I typically look for a waist measurement around 33” and I wear a 48 in the Hiking Trousers. I’m pretty consistent in size 48 in all my DBF pants. I recently tried on the Balloon Trousers in a 48 though and those were a little snug. The 50 was a little big though so I’m between sizes in those.
I look for a 34” waist measurement typically but I appear to be right between the 48 and the 50. Unsure which way to go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads