• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirby Allison: Affiliate thread

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me understand why fabric around the collar and the back are doing this?

The hangers I received are great but I noticed that the top part of wood that touches the clothes is a bit rough, it causes some of my polos to catch a bit. I am not sure if this is going to become a problem in the future and I have defective hangers or if it is a characteristic of the hangers.

Last edited:

dfoverdx

Reaction score
I've just checked the website to order some Saphir products but also had a look on shaving items. Santa Maria Novella seems interesting, dufferin1 do you tested the shave cream ? how is it compared to Castle Forbes shave cream or other high end creams ? The ingredients are green ? Thanks for your input.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The SMN is absolutely my favorite shave cream in the world. It is just spectacular. More shave soap than shave cream, the one jar will last you well over a year. You work up a froth right in the jar, unlike a shave cream, where you would normally scoop out a little and then work up the forth in your hand.

What I like about the SMN is the way the eucalyptus lingers on your skin after you have shaven. That, combined with the Aftershave Emulsion, is my daily routine.

The Castle Forbes is equally incredible but different. I was originally introduced to it through my tailor. The Castle Forbes works up a very, very creamy lather. It's the creamiest shave cream I have ever used.

I have one jar of the SMN and then a travel thing of the Castle Forbes Sandlewood next to my sink. Depending on how I feel, I alternate between the two.

Regarding how "green" they are, I'm not entirely sure. I know that both firms have a strong commitment to natural products. SMN has been manufacturing their products the same way for decades if not for centuries (they were founded several hundred years ago).

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can someone help me understand why fabric around the collar and the back are doing this?
The hangers I received are great but I noticed that the top part of wood that touches the clothes is a bit rough, it causes some of my polos to catch a bit. I am not sure if this is going to become a problem in the future and I have defective hangers or if it is a characteristic of the hangers.
/quote]

This is caused by the slope of your shoulders not exactly matching the slope of our hangers. Purely visual and will not cause any harm to your shirt. My opinion is that it's better to have the hanger slope less than the shirt. If the hanger were to match the slope or slope more than the shirt, then it would slide down the hanger and put tension on the collar.

But your shirts should be fine.

konoyaro

Reaction score
About a month ago I ordered some Saphir products including a bottle of Renovateur. During shipment, the bottle of Renovateur was leaking. The leak was enough that a spot was visible on the outside of the box when I received it. When I opened the box and checked the lid, it was not loose so I guess the container is not actually air tight. Renovateur is less viscous than the cream polish so I can see where it would be more susceptible to leakage.
I emailed customer service at The Hangar Project but received no reply, so I wonder - have others had leakage on shipment of Saphir products?

4utomattic

Reaction score
About a month ago I ordered some Saphir products including a bottle of Renovateur. During shipment, the bottle of Renovateur was leaking. The leak was enough that a spot was visible on the outside of the box when I received it. When I opened the box and checked the lid, it was not loose so I guess the container is not actually air tight. Renovateur is less viscous than the cream polish so I can see where it would be more susceptible to leakage.
I emailed customer service at The Hangar Project but received no reply, so I wonder - have others had leakage on shipment of Saphir products?

This happened to me as well, however they promptly rectified the situation. I would try sending another email or calling them, their customer service dealing with me was top notch.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sometimes this occurs during transit. When the product hears it can leak more easily. However, we always replace the product. If you PM me I'll be happy to exchange it. However, the Reno should still be fine to use.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The #04 Brown is slightly darker than the #37 Medium Brown. However, effectively these are the same color. Very difficult to differentiate visually. Saphir has something like 10 different shades of brown!

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed my first order for Saphir products, looking forward to some good shoe polishing sessions :)

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Email me. We can work something out. It's just difficult for us to ship one small thing via USPS. We normally try to avoid them.

Was on the Hanger Project website over the weekend and saw that Kirby offers free shippping on $50+ orders. Gave me the perfect excuse to order yet another jar of saphir renovateur and some other things (including a few pairs of the colored laces.)

Love the site... and Kirby's passion.

AHS

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys! We can always work something out with shipping. Best just to contact us. If you purchased $50 of shoe are, we would refund any shipping associated with such a small item.

The Armenic Papers are great. I leave them in my sock drawer where they make my socks smell really nice. Also take them with me on trips for the hotel room. They're an interesti cross between insence and potpourrie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads