• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We don't do sales or discounts. We believe it's better to have one low price for everyone at all times. Other stores artificially inflate retail prices so they can offer discounts later—we don't. There's no need to wait for a sale, our prices are low year-round.

You can read more about our philosophy on our About page.
NGL I like this. Especially at a place where it's like I know the stuff is good and it's stuff I would always want etc.

MrFingers

Reaction score
NGL I like this. Especially at a place where it's like I know the stuff is good and it's stuff I would always want etc.
I prefer this as well. No bullshit waiting for a lower price or item going out of stock. You either want it at retail and can or cannot afford it. Simple as that

Verve

Reaction score
Kent’s site (plus another site) is one of the few businesses I don’t have to wait for a sale to buy anything I want, which is a real nice change of pace… to be able to get it any day of the year without the wait.

Imagine everyday was Black Friday. Retail could learn something from this, but that’s not how our retail culture is at or unfortunately ever will be at.

Litigation Cures All

Reaction score
Planning to order a MTM SC for the first time from KW. I’ve been a S&M fan for the past year, but wanted to try out KW. I have many suits and SCs from S&M, some in their standard half canvass and others in their full canvass. I wanted to know how KW compares to S&M in terms of the cut, construction quality, handwork, and fit. I’m in NYC so I have the luxury of getting measured at KW in person.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Planning to order a MTM SC for the first time from KW. I’ve been a S&M fan for the past year, but wanted to try out KW. I have many suits and SCs from S&M, some in their standard half canvass and others in their full canvass. I wanted to know how KW compares to S&M in terms of the cut, construction quality, handwork, and fit. I’m in NYC so I have the luxury of getting measured at KW in person.

I have 2-3 Kent Wang MTM suits/sport coats and 2 Spier and Mackay OTR sport coats that I purchased a couple of years ago (so, as a disclaimer, I'm not quiet sure how MTM to MTM product would be), but based on my experience.

KW MTM is a step up in construction from S&M OTR or other entry level MTM places like Indochino...I would probably guess its on the same par as Suit Supply MTM.

I think all of KWs stuff is full canvas and has some handwork details on the button holes and pick stitching, etc. but the garment is probably largely machine made. Although, really that shouldn't be a ding or something that I would worry to much about, the machines are quiet advanced these days at replicating handwork. I would venture a guess that KW MTM and S&M MTM are made either at the same factory or probably peer/rival factories in China that crank out the same level(s) of garments

The cut is similar to S&M and you can tweak it more formal or more casual based upon your options. If you have a particular idea or request its always good to ask Aaron if the factory can do it as (at least when I ordered a couple of years ago) not all the options were present on the KW form.

I went in person and met with Aaron to get fitted with one of their trial garments, but I would say the fit wasn't really locked in until the second order (which I feel is pretty typical in MTM and something that people should expect).

I would say that its a very good value proposition for the price and the quality. Two quick suggestions: 1) go into the process with the understanding that getting a good fit out of MTM is an iterative process and don't count on it being nailed on the first go around, and b) I would suggest doing some solid background research on what sort of fabrics you want to use as I wasn't thrilled with their standard options other than the moon tweeds and the frescos. I believe they can source almost anything available through their agent/factory and that can help to open up a ton of options for you stylistically

aaronatKW

Reaction score

Hello! Happy to answer any questions you may have if you write me at [email protected]. Happy to see you soon in person in New York as well.

Blondie87

Reaction score
anyone have pics of the MOP green or smoke cufflinks in real life? trying to get an idea of size and color

Verve

Reaction score
This KW PS is my favorite.
6C52AC0F-8A96-4C90-B08B-CD4AE0F98A32.jpeg

conqueror

Reaction score
will you review your shipping prices at all? i realise international postage is expensive, but $46 USD for one single tie to australia is crazy.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
USPS suspended shipments to Australia and New Zealand on September 17 due to Covid restrictions. Most postal parcels are transported in the cargo hold of passenger airlines, and with so few passenger flights going from the US to Australia now, USPS has not advised when they will resume service.

To Australia and New Zealand, we currently offer only UPS, which have their own aircraft, and delivery times are 6-15 days. As you noted, the minimum UPS shipping cost is $46, but scales up reasonably, so if you order more items, the shipping cost only goes up slightly.

will you review your shipping prices at all? i realise international postage is expensive, but $46 USD for one single tie to australia is crazy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads