• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

KillaCam628

Reaction score
I wondered about that fleece—anyone have a sense of how I should size for it? I'm 6'1", usually wear a medium in most things (eg. I have a Patagonia Synchilla fleece in medium that fits perfectly—this looks like a similar cut). Really want to pull the trigger on it, just not sure how to size Kapital at all.

They run pretty small or like normal Kapital tops I guess, I'm 6'1 160lbs and this is a size 4 in one of the snap t's they did last Fall/Winter:

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That really runs 23” p2p? Site says it’s 110cm, or 21.6” when laid flat.

If so, I really regret not buying that and some of the other tees while they were still around. I’m a slim guy (6’0”) and everything I tried in Japan last summer still fit crazy tight.

That's what it measured out to be when I measured it last night, 23" right on the button. Granted I've worn it a ton since getting it, so it's probably stretched out at this point.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Will the fleeces be available in the US/Were they last year?

InsulaTergum

Reaction score
Hello folks, I’m new here and mostly wear/post in the EG threads but I’ve bought my first Kapital piece and would love some feedback on the fit. As is tradition, it’s a ring coat. I’m 6’1” 180/185 and I went with a size 3. Despite doing research and lurking on this thread I was still surprised by how big it was. I could get away with a 2 for sure but I’ve moved away from slim fit and have been wearing fuller pants and tops and I think the 3 will work. Basically I just need some outside input on the fit. Is it too big? Did I nail it? I’m honestly not sure because I love the jacket and want to make it work but I also don’t want to look ridiculous. Pics are quick and low quality but I think they will work. Pants are FW18 EG fatigues if that matters. Thanks in advance for taking a look!
13F6F530-8462-49B1-876F-3E7435FD341F.jpeg
3425FAD7-3021-4596-AD01-5BCCE52CE3DB.jpeg
1329258A-E7A0-44E5-AAD9-7E7489D695CF.jpeg
94B50F3B-09C1-4872-BFB0-1ABD08FADE16.jpeg

looseandwavey

Reaction score
Hello folks, I’m new here and mostly wear/post in the EG threads but I’ve bought my first Kapital piece and would love some feedback on the fit. As is tradition, it’s a ring coat. I’m 6’1” 180/185 and I went with a size 3. Despite doing research and lurking on this thread I was still surprised by how big it was. I could get away with a 2 for sure but I’ve moved away from slim fit and have been wearing fuller pants and tops and I think the 3 will work. Basically I just need some outside input on the fit. Is it too big? Did I nail it? I’m honestly not sure because I love the jacket and want to make it work but I also don’t want to look ridiculous. Pics are quick and low quality but I think they will work. Pants are FW18 EG fatigues if that matters. Thanks in advance for taking a look!
View attachment 1243795 View attachment 1243796 View attachment 1243797 View attachment 1243798
Looks really good to me, not too big at all.

pgrim91

Reaction score
View attachment 1243795 View attachment 1243796 View attachment 1243797 View attachment 1243798
I think the jacket looks great, and I hope you get more of a chance to wear it as we go into fall. If anything, I think the hat and sunglasses throw it off a bit, but your core garms work well together.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Your ring coat fits perfectly, wouldn't size down for sure. I'm 6'0, 160 and got the same denim one in size 2 and yeah, it's definitely oversized but in a best way possible.
Also really liking the fit you posted, are those olive cord EG fatigues?

Wearing the same coat today, no doubt my favourite piece of clothing

InsulaTergum

Reaction score
I think the jacket looks great, and I hope you get more of a chance to wear it as we go into fall. If anything, I think the hat and sunglasses throw it off a bit, but your core garms work well together.

Thank you! I tend to wear a hat and glasses in everything I post online to obscure my identity a little. It seems silly now that I’ve actually typed it out though lol.

InsulaTergum

Reaction score
Your ring coat fits perfectly, wouldn't size down for sure. I'm 6'0, 160 and got the same denim one in size 2 and yeah, it's definitely oversized but in a best way possible.
Also really liking the fit you posted, are those olive cord EG fatigues?

Wearing the same coat today, no doubt my favourite piece of clothing
View attachment 1243809
Thank you! Your coat looks great! Those are in fact the olive cord fatigues. This season has been really for EG imo. I picked up these and the navy painters pants and still have a wish list a mile long. Happy to see Daki has gone back to a fuller fit on everything.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is ace and you could be in a lookbook

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fit is great. Would recommend fake moustache and perhaps an eye patch for future incognito pics.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you nailed it. drape is wonderful when open. Good work. it's supposed to feel big and nice. overall I think that's a great look, though I'd personally cuff there even with the birks. Once it gets colder it'll look fantastic with a big scarf, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads