• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is great @ManofKent. Really enjoying your recent Kapital fits.

nailed it @ManofKent
Happy New year folks!

Cheers folks.

Holy cow, MoK. That ring coat is off the chain. What size did you take and how does that compare to your EG sizing (bedfords, outerwear, etc.)?

Thanks - this is a size 3 (could probably have just got away with a 2). I'm generally a solid XL in EG.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

soqueriaterum

Reaction score
Awesome thread!

I read a couple of question about longer inseams. My century denim had really long legs. I'm 6'2" and had to take about one inch and a half off them and I can still roll cuff them twice for no break. I'd say they had the standard 36". I bought them instore though, and they hemmed it on the spot. Perhaps they have "standard" shorter inseams online but longer legs in store. Jonathan from Bandanna Almannac could help with that.

Also, for anyone that likes Kapital's boro aspect, you should look up Mr Narita (@naritabby) on Instagram!

I've been thinking about this shop coat for a while. A nice substitute for the Blue Blue one that I missed. At 10oz it seems like a good lightweight piece:

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome thread!

I read a couple of question about longer inseams. My century denim had really long legs. I'm 6'2" and had to take about one inch and a half off them and I can still roll cuff them twice for no break. I'd say they had the standard 36". I bought them instore though, and they hemmed it on the spot. Perhaps they have "standard" shorter inseams online but longer legs in store. Jonathan from Bandanna Almannac could help with that.

Also, for anyone that likes Kapital's boro aspect, you should look up Mr Narita (@naritabby) on Instagram!

I've been thinking about this shop coat for a while. A nice substitute for the Blue Blue one that I missed. At 10oz it seems like a good lightweight piece:

Yes I've got two pairs of TH jeans and they're both 36 inseam (bought NOS from a reseller on yahoo.jp).

The shopcoat is a nice piece. I've got it in 8oz and it gets a lot of use, I suspect the 10oz would be even more versatile - I hadn't seen it in that weight before.

soqueriaterum

Reaction score
Yes I've got two pairs of TH jeans and they're both 36 inseam (bought NOS from a reseller on yahoo.jp).

The shopcoat is a nice piece. I've got it in 8oz and it gets a lot of use, I suspect the 10oz would be even more versatile - I hadn't seen it in that weight before.

MOK, would you say that the 8oz coat is wearable in colder spring nights where you live?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MOK, would you say that the 8oz coat is wearable in colder spring nights where you live?

It would be borderline too light. Our weather is so unpredictable at the moment it's difficult to know what Spring will be like - some December day's I was walking around in shirt-sleeves...

It's pretty much typical denim shirting weight - not the heavyweight, but heavier than chambray. It's quite fitted (well it is on me), so there's not a lot of room for layering. For me it's probably fine for 'typical' spring days through to late summer evenings.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks awesome! I actually like the slimmer fit. Mind if I ask your what your height is?

Thanks. I'm somewhere between 6 feet and 6'1".

And so this looks like a slimmer fit to you? Wonder what a size 3 would look like. Seems like the kind of jacket where one or two sizes could easily fit.

I haven't layered anything under it yet, but it feels like there's plenty of room.

Edit: @ManofKent Around 40". I'd say I aim for outerwear with a 22"/23" inch half chest measurement.

EditEdit (sorry...): Also proxied this from Kapital e-store. Was a straightforward process and fast enough.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I'm somewhere between 6 feet and 6'1".

And so this looks like a slimmer fit to you? Wonder what a size 3 would look like. Seems like the kind of jacket where one or two sizes could easily fit.

I haven't layered anything under it yet, but it feels like there's plenty of room.

Edit: @ManofKent Around 40". I'd say I aim for outerwear with a 22"/23" inch half chest measurement.

EditEdit (sorry...): Also proxied this from Kapital e-store. Was a straightforward process and fast enough.

Thanks - I'm 6'1" and a 42.5" chest and went for a 3 in the long coat, but was wondering whether a 2 would do. I think seeing your post I could get away with it...

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks - I'm 6'1" and a 42.5" chest and went for a 3 in the long coat, but was wondering whether a 2 would do. I think seeing your post I could get away with it...

I went with the 2 based on reading about your thoughts on sizing. So thank you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics